BMWjunkie's Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMWjunkie's Build Thread

*****I'm going to attempt to replicate nearly 10 years of a build thread that was lost on M3forum. I luckily am able to recover most of my posts from E46fanatics but it was not nearly as extensive as on M3forum, as I was much more active on M3forum. So I'll do my best to bring things back up to speed, most posts are direct copies of previous years posts, I've tried to date them to keep track of****

After a few years of modding my M3 I figured I would put together a mini build thread with some of the things that I've done over the years. My car is by no means built out, or relatively done, but I figured I'd share what I have done so far. Being that this is the first time posting a build thread, I can summarize the last 3 years or so in the first post and I will surely be adding as I go along.

Car Mods as of 4/5/21:

Exterior

Blacked out kidney grills
    Blacked out side grills
    Color matching bumper reflectors
    Aurora 60 led Angel Eyes
    Smoked Corners
    Smoked LED Depo taillights
    Smoke Side Markers
    Stealth Corner bulbs
    Iconz Color Matching CSL diffuser
    CSL splitters
    35% tint
    Status Gruppe Scorza CSL Trunk
    GTR Hood
    German Colored ///M Logos

Suspension

ST coilovers
    Tuner Motorsports Adjustable Rear Control Arms (not installed yet)
    Powerflex Urethane FCAB

Wheels/Tires

Work Brombacher w/Hankook V12's
    19x 9 et 25
    19x 10 et 21

Work VSXX w/ Hankook V12's
    19x9 et38 w/15mm spacer-final et23
    19x10 et23 w/5mm spacer-final et18

VMR VB3 w/ Hankook V12's
    19x8.5 et40 w/20mm spacer-final et20
    19x9.5 et22 w/5mm spacer-final et17

OEM 18's w/ Nitto Motivo's
    20mm spacers in front
    12mm spacers in back

Performance

Supersprint Catless Section 1
    Supersprint Resonated Section 2 X-pipe
    Supersprint Race Muffler with Chrome Black tips
    aFe Stage II Cold Air Intake
    Dinan Front Strut Bar
    Dinan Rear Strut Bar

Interior

Long Euro Tray
    ZHP Shift Knob
    Alcantara Shift Boot
    Alcantara E-Brake Boot
    USA-SPEC Ipod Hookup (removed)
    L.E.D. Interior Lights
    Avin Avant 2
    Two-Tone Interior
    CSL/ZCP Steering Wheel
    Custom wrapped Coby wheel
    Custom stitched shift & e-brake boots

Aiscellaneous

Reddish Subframe Reinforcement Kit (not installed yet)
    Bimmerworld 92mm Race Bullet Nose Studs
    Muteki SR48 Lug Nuts

Maintenance

Coilovers-23,000 miles
    10w-60 Oil Change-41,000 miles
    Valve Adjustment-41,000 miles
    Vano Bolts-41,000 miles
    Spark Plugs-41,000 miles

Well I bought the car in July 2011 with just shy of 23k miles on her. I found myself a Jet Black M3 with Dove Grey interior that was kept in supreme condition and certainly babied, I had found myself a virgin car. Here's a few shots from when I first got it.

Needless to say the car did not stay stock for a long period of time, in September 2011, I started out with some simple cosmetic mods:

-Blacked out kidney grills
    -Blacked out side grills
    -Color matching bumper reflectors
    -Aurora 60 led Angel Eyes
    -Smoked Corners
    -Smoked LED Depo taillights
    -Smoke Side Markers
    -Stealth Corner bulbs
    -Color Matchin CSL diffuser
    -ZHP shift knob
    -Alcantara shift & e-brake boot

In April 2012, after getting a few cosmetic mods done, I opted to finally get myself some suspension to lower the car, I decided to go with the ST coilovers, and I have been nothing but please with them to date. They came over the winter and I had to wait for spring to install, but it was worth it.

-ST coilovers
    -20mm spacers in front
    -12mm spacers in back

Tucked away for winter for the first time with my buddies STI

ST coils finally arrived

Before coils install

After coilover install with some spacers added in

I took some time to get rid of the bright chrome headlight bowls and diy them black.

The car sat relatively untouched for a while, I removed the CSL splitters when I got a flat tire in order to get her on a flatbed trailer, and I did a aFe stage 2 intake over the winter in 2013 while the car was in storage and began to piece together some Supersprint exhaust components. I managed to get my hands on a SS catless section 1 and SS resonated section 2 x-pipe. Installation was simple and quick to say the least.

Quick shot of the engine all cleaned up with the COI installed (crappy cell pic)

SS exhaust

After only having the car back on the road for spring a few months, in July 2013 my car was hit, a drunk driver backed into my car in the parking lot, crushing the hood and fender and damaging the bumper. I was upset about the car, but happy no one was hurt.

So after the damage was accessed I started to field some parts, being that I needed a new hood, I opted to go with a GTR hood thanks to vivid racing, fitment was pretty spot on and I am very happy with the way it came out. I still have to find a way to install the OEM heat shield on the underside of the hood this spring.

The finished product after I got her back from the shop, I love the way it came out after all was said and done.

While the car was in the shop being repaired, I managed to get my hand on 1 of 12 Supersprint Race mufflers with black chrome tips thanks to fellow member eson, I couldn't wait to get it installed. Installation was fairly simple, just took time to align everything properly.

Here the link to my thread with some sound clips of the exhaust.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...post1066278751

Right now the car sits in hibernation from the harsh cold and snow of NY...but not for much longer. Got a few things on the horizon for the car this coming fall, I will continue to update as new things come in for the car.

Last edited by BMWjunkie11; 04-05-2021, 05:52 AM.

2002 Jet Black/Grey ///M3

Full Supersprint Race Exhaust l PSDesigns Velocity Stack Kit l TMS Pulleys l TTFS Custom Alpha-N Tune l Work Brombachers

"Bags are for dead hookers"

Junkies Build Thread l Photography IG @Marlow_Media

4/13/14: I do have some pics, I actually just finished my two-tone interior and im quite thrilled about it.

I got lucky enough to pick up myself a set of Piano Black interior trim. I'm very happy I was able to find it, it makes a huge difference in the looks already.

And finally after a few nights of work, the door panels are finally back together and done.

Got the interior all back together, pretty happy with the outcome to say the least.

Last edited by BMWjunkie11; 04-05-2021, 04:51 AM.

Full Supersprint Race Exhaust l PSDesigns Velocity Stack Kit l TMS Pulleys l TTFS Custom Alpha-N Tune l Work Brombachers

Comment

5/16/14:m I recently purchased the Avin Avant 2 unit for my car, I worked with Tommy from Avin and got everything squared away very quickly. Overall, it was a fairly simple install, and I am very happy with the unit. Here is the link to the full review I did on the unit.

Here are some pics installed.

Last edited by BMWjunkie11; 04-05-2021, 04:51 AM.

Comment

6/15/14: Mini update, I have been in the process of working to switch all my ///M logos to the german flag color. I first saw it on another members car and fell in love; needless to say, it was not easy to source all the products, but somehow I managed to do it, I also picked up some new pedals when Bimmian ran a sale a few weeks back. Should have some more updates soon, i've got a trick or two left up my sleeve

Comment

7/7/14: Recently I ordered s FRP CSL trunk from the guys over at Status Gruppe, Mike Migs was great in helping me with everything getting it ordered, it got here in a timely fashion and was perfect. I dropped it off to paint this afternoon and I'm hoping to have it back to install Saturday.

Last edited by BMWjunkie11; 04-05-2021, 04:52 AM.

Comment

7/13/14: I finally got my trunk installed; I got lucky and fitment was great right when I put it on, not much playing around. I decided to use my new german flag colored badges on my trunk and my fender grills and I love the way it came out. I'll be looking to do a proper shoot soon, but heres a few shots to show off the new booty.

Comment

7/21/14: Pick up a new wheel the other day, had it for about 10 minutes before it was back out in the mail on its way to Coby for a custom wrap.

Comment

7/29/14: Today I got my wheel back from Coby wheels, Mike was great to work with and I am very pleased with the finished product. After talking with Mike, it appears that this is the only set of boots and wheel that he has ever wrapped in this way; so as it stands, I have a completely one off combo, and its most likely the only setup of its kind to date. I decided to carry the german flag colors from the outside of the car to the inside. I highly recommend Coby wraps, easy to work with and a quick turn around. Here is my new custom wrapped CSL style steering wheel and boots...

Last edited by BMWjunkie11; 04-05-2021, 04:53 AM.

Comment

2/11/15: Got something in the mail today, what could it be??

Comment

2/18/15: I picked up a set of Work VS-XX 19x9+38 19x10+22; I threw them on the car quick last night, they look great, but needless to say i'll be having to do some camber adjustment. I'll be most likely running a 15-20mm spacer in front and potentially a 5mm spacer in the rear, possibly no spacer at all. Any suggested camber for upfront? I'll be going with a 245/35/19 tire. I need this to tuck under the fender properly.

Comment

3/1/15: Well the car is in storage for the winter, and I took it as a time to shed a few pounds, she's a little overweight these days.I've got everything torn apart for a rear seat delete, i'll keep updated on that is it goes along, but for now this is the way it sits.

I'm also painting the rear deck black for a little cleaner look

I recently pulled my headliner to refinish it; everything started to sag and I got sick of the plaid. So I opted to go with suede, needless to say it was a pita and I will never do another headliner again; but it was a good experience.

Before

After

I also decided to paint the rear deck and vent black to give it a cleaner look...

After

Last edited by BMWjunkie11; 04-05-2021, 04:54 AM.

Comment

4/9/15: So thanks to Chas3n I was able to make great progress on my rear seat delete. He was great to work with put together a rear seat delete for me that fit spot on.

After everything was fit, I wrapped it in the same suede material I used on my headliner and it came out great.

After 4 veryyyy long months; the car is finally back out on the road. First turn of the key it started right up and it feels great to be behind the wheel to say the least.

Not 15 minutes after I took it out for a spin, I dropped it off to the shop to get my new wheels mounted. I'll post more pics of the setup as soon as I get the car back.

Comment

4/17/15: Over the winter I decided to do a wheel stud conversion, so i picked up some Bimmerworld 92mm studs and some Muteki SR48 lugs...

I installed the new wheels and wheel studs, heres a quick shot, I'm hoping to get some more proper photos this weekend...

Comment

2/15/16: In an effort to combat the overwhelming grey problem in my interior, I decided to swap the dash, and carpet for an all black dash and carpet. I also picked up some black sills and kick panels, all I need now is the center console.

[

Comment

2/21/16: Just a quick update, I cam across a set of brand new Supersprint V1 headers with Swaintech white lightning coating, it was something that I couldn't pass up. I bit the bullet and bought them, turned around and sold the V2's I had shortly there after. Some nice comparison shots of the two headers, the last shot is a good comparison how the pipes differ in diameter where they connect to the section 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X