No announcement yet.

BMWjunkie's Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2/24/16: I got a few things over the last few days. I decided to go with 335 manifold studs after much consideration; so I picked up 18 new studs and new nuts to go with them. I hope to not need them but I wanted enough incase I did. I also picked up an EGR block off plate and some TMS under drive pulleys, big thanks to Sean over at Turner for taking care of me.

2002 Jet Black/Grey ///M3

Full Supersprint Race Exhaust l PSDesigns Velocity Stack Kit l TMS Pulleys l TTFS Custom Alpha-N Tune l Work Brombachers

"Bags are for dead hookers"

Junkies Build Thread l Photography IG @Marlow_Media

Comment

2/29/16: Picked up that last piece of the Supersprint exhaust, decided to go with a catless section 1 straight pipe. Should be loud and I'm very much looking forward to it. You can see in the second picture how the end is flared and larger than the rest of the pipe, should help for some low end torque.

Full Supersprint Race Exhaust l PSDesigns Velocity Stack Kit l TMS Pulleys l TTFS Custom Alpha-N Tune l Work Brombachers

Comment

3/3/16: I recently decided to sell my Dinan strut bar and go a different route, I opted to get a Mason Engineering front bar, bought it directly from John Mason. The bar seems to be very sturdy and of good quality, I'll get some pics installed once I get my valve cover back from Mr. Wolfe.

Comment

3/18/16: I had Greg aka Mr. Wolfe do a custom paint job on my valve cover and some other things. Needless to say it came out absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to get it and install it, I'll be sure to post some final install pics this weekend after it goes back on the car. Big thanks to Greg for doing this, awesome guy and great to work with.

Comment

3/21/16: So I decided to have Greg aka Mr. Wolfe do a custom valve cover for me. I want to start by saying how good Greg was to work with, very responsive and willing to try anything. With that being said, i wanted to try something drastically different. For those who are part of the Ultimate Klasse group on facebook you have already seen the pictures of my valve cover, but those who aren't I feel like its worth sharing. I opted to go with a white base, with red, yellow and black splatter to match my emblems and do a gloss finish. I think it came out amazing, but I'll leave the pictures for others to decide. Once again, thanks to Greg for doing this; I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a custom valve cover..

Comment

3/29/16: ECS tuning was having a sale on oil change kits so I opted to jump on it; also picked up a new cabin filter while I was in the spending mood.

Comment

4/18/16: So I made a drastic decision, and for those who I talk with regularly or who follow me on IG, you already knew this was coming. But over the winter, after several longgg discussions with Pete, I decided to pull the trigger on one of his stacks kits. I get there will be those who don***8217;t like them, and that***8217;s fine. I wanted to do something different from the rest; people can lecture me on practicality and feasibility but I just don***8217;t care. I set out with the intentions of setting myself apart and this is just my way of doing it. I had Mr. Wolfe due some custom paint to match the valve cover and they look great. I have been in conversations with TTFS and Frank will be building a fully custom tune for the setup; as far as I know, this is PSDesigns first kit in the states and will be the first version of his kit that Frank has tuned in house. I will have a full review of the kit and my impressions in the oncoming weeks after I get done with my tune this weekend. Love it or hate it, its going to be a fun setup.

Comment

4/27/16: So this past weekend was a major work weekend for me. I made the trip to TTFS for a header install with Dafoe and a custom tune (TTFS Review). The headers went quick and easy, I think we finished in just under 4 hours if I remember correctly; while Dave was doing headers, I took the time to install the stacks. Once again, Frank worked his magic on my car and pulled some good numbers for me. I ended up with 322rwhp and 248ft/lbs of torque at the wheels and it***8217;s safe to say I am very pleased with those results. My experience at TTFS was great, and I***8217;d highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good tune and a good time.

Regarding the stacks, I did put together a full review on them (Stacks Review) for anyone who is interested. But the long and short of it, I really like them, I***8217;ve very satisfied with them; they got me from Maryland to New York with no issues. They look good, sound amazing and produce some good power; defiantly a good alternative to a CSL airbox for those on a tighter budget. If anyone has questions on them, I***8217;d be happy to answer what I can.

Modifications

-Supersprint V1 Stepped headers with Swaintech White Lightning
                  -Supersprint V1 Catless section 1
                  -Supersprint Resonated X-Pipe Section 2
                  -Supersprint Race Muffler
                  -TMS Underdrive Pulleys
                  -PSDesigns Velocity Stack Kit with IAT Relocation

Dave hard at work, hiding O2 sensors

Making room for the velocity stacks

S54 block in all its glory

OEM vs SS V1

Velocity Stacks finished and installed

Tune and Dyno Time

Comment

4/27/16: Sound clips

Supersprint V1 Stepped HeadersSupersprint V1 Straight Pipe Section 1Supersprint Resonated Section 2Supersprint Race MufflerTMS PulleysPSDesigns Velocity Stac...

Supersprint V1 Stepped HeadersSupersprint V1 Straight Pipe Section 1Supersprint Resonated Section 2Supersprint Race MufflerTMS PulleysPSDesigns Velocity Stac...

Comment

5/11/16: Did my first Blackstone Oil Analysis, it seemed to be good results, which of course make me very happy.

Comment

5/16/16: Sold my VSXX, not shortly there after I picked up some Work Brombachers. They were in good shape, but I'm taking the time to do a full rebuild on them, I'm not a fan of black wheels on black cars, but for now this is how they sit.

Took a second to throw them on the car just to see how they'd look...

Comment

5/23/16: **Just an update from over the weekend, the girlfriend was out shopping with her sister, and watching her try on wedding dresses; so while she dreamed of getting married....I gutted my car. Tear down was pretty straight forward, just time consuming and at times required contorting my body in weird ways. I got everything torn out, hoping to make some time over the long weekend to finish putting it back together. I got sick of the grey, so I decided to make the swap for a black dash and carpet. For now this is where it stands...

Before, I already did some modifying of the doors, so I hope it goes from grey with black, to black with grey

Let the transformation begin

Comment

5/26/16: Grabbed myself a set of AGT side skirt extensions. Not sure how I feel about them or if I'm going to run them. I may just sell them and put the money elsewhere.

Comment

6/2/16: I finally got around to finishing my interior swap, needless to say I'm extremely happy with the way things have worked out. While replacing everything I opted to go with a armrest delete center console.

Comment

7/12/16: So yesterday marked 5 years of ownership for me and my M3. It's unbelievable to think how far the car has come in that time, and how much I've learned about it. Needless to say in the last 5 years my knowledge has greatly expanded, I've put in a God awful amount of time in labor and of course enough money to probably buy another car. But the journey has been well worth it and I wouldn't take any of it back. Hopefully the car will last me many more years to come...

The day I got the car....

Fast forward 5 years to my most recent setup when I had fancy, shinny wheels and this years new fancy intake...

Comment

Working...
                                X