No announcement yet.

Anyone excited about the new csl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive never really compared bmw’s with Porsches, in terms of purist drivers car. I don’t think they even have the same target market. Of course a gt4 or gt3 would be more of an involving experience.

And as ugly as that csl proto looks, I’m curious to see what it’s capable of

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      Eh, the one car I still like in their lineup is the M2/Comp/CS.
      F87 is gone is discontinued. I like the new M5CS, but its unobtanium price and I would not trade for my car.

Toby22 7:20.xx on the ring published by BMW M

However there's also this:
      34. BMW M4 CSL Jörg Weidinger 7:15.67 551 / 1625
      It's definitely not slow.
      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
        https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...4-csl-revealed

3640 lbs... More like CSXL

That engine bay brace looks pretty hardcore though. $10 says those bolts up front are torque to yield and will need to be replaced every time you want to any work in the engine bay lol.
        3640 is actually impressive considering it's about 100 over my M2 CS. I've driven the G80 at the Performance Center and it's a helluva car. But....it's ugly.

Comment

The G series M3 nailed the coffin to any interest I had in current generation products. The F8X was an engineering marvel and they pushed the enveloped to the max of what was allowed in that time period.

The M5 CS really is only attractive because BMW didn't dare release the V10 CSL (or whatever they would have called it). We'd otherwise all be looking at it like we are at the CSL today.

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
            130. Porsche 911 GT3 RS (996) Walter Rohrl 7:43.00 381 / 1360
            162. BMW M3 CSL (E46) Horst von Saurma 7:50.00 360 / 1409
            200. Porsche 911 GT3 (996) Walter Rohrl 7:56.33 360 / 1379
            In period the CSL was a monster, 2sec slower than a GT2 996. Beat both the 996 and 996.2 GT3s, and only bested by the 996.2 GT3RS. Like mentioned above, it was/is the only time BMW beat the GT3, at no point after was it even close.

Having said all that, im not mad at the new CSL, i was mad at the new car when it came out. I wanted the CSL to lose at least 100kg and they did. Although with lighter glass, engine bay components, and full exhaust work I think another 25kg would have been low hanging fruit. Im happy its the fastest BMW like the CSL was. However theres not much to it after that... I love the seats.
            Just remember the 996 GT3 only came with street tires, the CSL came with Pilot Sport Cup. Hence also the big time difference to the 996 RS, this one also came with semis.

As much as I like my S54, there's a reason BMW introduced the P60 to the GTR.

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

3.0 CSL tribute car = cool as a concept, and like a trophy car for rich people I guess.

M4 CSL = Garish display of design vulgarity. So much so that I don't even care how fast or good to drive it is.
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I don't think it is as terrible as everyone else seems to. Now I'm not running out to buy it but I could see myself in a standard 2022/2023 M3 at some point just for pointless donuts, burnouts, and hey ma' look how fast I can go moments but I've bought my brother's 2021 Mach 1 so I'm not sure I need another ripper but who knows.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bmw-m4-csl-live-photos-23.jpg Views:	0 Size:	218.9 KB ID:	169069

Click image for larger version  Name:	bmw-m4-csl-live-photos-35.jpg Views:	0 Size:	236.7 KB ID:	169070
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Way too much going on there. IMO, the M2 CS in black with gold wheels is a much nicer car to look at and is a better "modern spiritual successor" to the M3 CSL. And it can be had as a manual.

Last edited by Slideways; 05-23-2022, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I wonder if anyone from BMW reads these threads. One can hope!

Comment

Forget the grillz, the hoffkink/quarter panel area is a crime against humanity.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                        I wonder if anyone from BMW reads these threads. One can hope!
                        I think BMW has already weighed-in on the design direction controversy. Lets refer to BMW's own words: https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...edia-jibe.html

Comment

I don't usually add to things that have already been said, but good god it's ugly.
                          RIP M3F
                          2002 M3 - 2002 325iT - 1994 Bronco

Comment

Originally posted by blazenXLT View Post
                            I don't usually add to things that have already been said, but good god it's ugly.
                            If you read the Youtube comment section, there are quite a few people who like how it looks, surprisingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

If you read the Youtube comment section, there are quite a few people who like how it looks, surprisingly.
                              They're 12 year olds and gen pop
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Well take solace with the thought that this point in time is a direct result of our cars coming pretty close to achieving perfection. There was only one direction to travel and that was down. Most every brand has a brief point-in-time where they hit their apex moment and BMWs was longer than most. With that said, I'm going to drive the hell out of all these modern and semi-modern monsters that I can while I can because ICE won't be around forever due to EVs or the EPA.

I'd like some of the track rats on this forum to get one of the new M3/M4s out on the track and report back their honest thoughts. Would be neat.
                                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                                X