No announcement yet.

Anyone excited about the new csl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2023 BMW M4 CSL sits atop the brand's M lineup and is also its fastest car ever around the Nürburgring with a time of 7:20.2.

3640 lbs... More like CSXL

That engine bay brace looks pretty hardcore though. $10 says those bolts up front are torque to yield and will need to be replaced every time you want to any work in the engine bay lol.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I like how they advertise how much weight it lost from the regular M4. Ya and? They thought 3900 for an "M" coupe was appropriate?
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Top Gear on the new CSL

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I cannot believe they found a way to make the standard car uglier. And shame for the weight.
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
            I cannot believe they found a way to make the standard car uglier.
            At least they didn't go with the ridiculous triangle exhaust

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-G8X-Genuine-G80-M3-G82-M4-M-Performance-Wing-In-Prepreg-Carbon-Fibre.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	168670
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Not surprised to see this from the company that repurposed the M3 badge, probably one of the most significant nameplates in history that any other manufacturer would kill to have. Then they diluted M down to basically complete irrelevancy throughout their lineup. And now a 3700 "Leichtbau." Just one more badge for them to milk.

You'd have to be on drugs or just want to be a contrarian to buy this over a GT4.
              2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Don't go putting that on your E46 lol

Challenge accepted.

Comment

Hot garbage.
                  2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

The only thing that came to mind when I read about it, is if it perhaps had some cool special huge brakes we could install on the E46 :P
                    E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                    E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                    E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

You cannot even compare this to a Gt4. That is the perfect example of how BMW diverged.

The E46 CSL and 996 gt3 were comparable in weight. This new CSL has closer to a thousand pounds than not on the Gt4, and five-hundred on the Gt3. The M2 is not much better.

Not surprisingly, the E46 was within a few seconds of the 996 on the ring, flawed metric as that is. The new CSL would not see which way any Porsche GT went. The 991 was significantly faster five years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

At least they didn't go with the ridiculous triangle exhaust
                        AFAIC, Irrelevant. That grill is still just about the most hideous front end design I've ever seen. Could be the greatest car ever built, and I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot toothbrush.

So glad I have an E46 M...

Comment

Not interested in anything BMW made after E-series. Complete shift in philosophy and product lineup. Good or bad - I don't know. All I know it does not appeal to me.
                          BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

It's funny to me how people are still holding out hope that bmw will create a proper car once again.

It's a wrap folks, it's been a wrap.

PS. I think that's the only dude left in M division that Harris referenced.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Eh, the one car I still like in their lineup is the M2/Comp/CS.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
                                You cannot even compare this to a Gt4. That is the perfect example of how BMW diverged.

The E46 CSL and 996 gt3 were comparable in weight. This new CSL has closer to a thousand pounds than not on the Gt4, and five-hundred on the Gt3. The M2 is not much better.

Not surprisingly, the E46 was within a few seconds of the 996 on the ring, flawed metric as that is. The new CSL would not see which way any Porsche GT went. The 991 was significantly faster five years ago.
                                130. Porsche 911 GT3 RS (996) Walter Rohrl 7:43.00 381 / 1360
                                162. BMW M3 CSL (E46) Horst von Saurma 7:50.00 360 / 1409
                                200. Porsche 911 GT3 (996) Walter Rohrl 7:56.33 360 / 1379
                                In period the CSL was a monster, 2sec slower than a GT2 996. Beat both the 996 and 996.2 GT3s, and only bested by the 996.2 GT3RS. Like mentioned above, it was/is the only time BMW beat the GT3, at no point after was it even close.

Having said all that, im not mad at the new CSL, i was mad at the new car when it came out. I wanted the CSL to lose at least 100kg and they did. Although with lighter glass, engine bay components, and full exhaust work I think another 25kg would have been low hanging fruit. Im happy its the fastest BMW like the CSL was. However theres not much to it after that... I love the seats.
                                2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Working...
                                X