MSx70 Flasher - Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sda2 View Post
    Since the audience here is a bit more into ECUs, i think its a good thread to place this.

MSS70 seems to use the same MAF signal conversion as MSV70 which limits it to 1024kg/h. We came up with an untested solution for this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	371
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	251185

This is the parts where the MAF ADC signal gets left shifted. If you nop this, its possible to measure 2048kg/h.

Therefor simply seach the file for "55 6B 0B FC 7D 8C 5B 96" and replace both occurances with "60 00 00 00 7D 8C 5B 96".

After doing that, edit "id_maf_tab" conversion to " X*0.03125 ​" and reenter the characteristics.

On another note, the standard MAF seems to be nerfed by BMW and could measure more than 1024kg/h.

Views:	362
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	251186
    I extrapolated that curve and came to something that could measure up to 1222kg/h.

Views:	358
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	251187

If somebody wants to try that, let me know
    I want to try this method. I am running turbo n52 daily currently in a maf-less operation.

Comment

I have N52 525xi. I dumped full flash and disabled DTC P0420 P0430. Do i have to flash RSA bypass to flash back my tune with DTC off?

Comment

Originally posted by kvotaa View Post
        I have N52 525xi. I dumped full flash and disabled DTC P0420 P0430. Do i have to flash RSA bypass to flash back my tune with DTC off?
        See first post

Originally posted by terra View Post
        MSx70 Flasher - Alpha Release

Functionality:
        • Ability to read and write tunes and program code
          • An RSA bypass must first be flashed to write custom tunes/programs - this requires a full stock binary to be available
        • A full backup of the external and internal flash can be made over OBDII.
          • It is not currently known how to backup the SPI data without BDM
        • Automatic checksum correction for flashed tunes and programs

​1. Read full
        2. Write ORIGNAL Full with RSA bypass
        3. Write ori Tune to complete process
        4. Check working of ECU
        5. Modifiy TUNE and load Tune (If adjustment in Tune are done, it is not necessary to flash full binaries after RSA bypass!)
        Last edited by Tomba; 05-08-2024, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomba View Post

See first post

​1. Read full
          2. Write ORIGNAL Full with RSA bypass
          3. Write ori Tune to complete process
          4. Check working of ECU
          5. Modifiy TUNE and load Tune (If adjustment in Tune are done, it is not necessary to flash full binaries after RSA bypass!)
          Thanks for the reply.
          The steps i made are:
          1 - Read full with the flasher
          2 - Modify the bin with DTC off
          And now I'm not sure how to continue.
          I've got RSA Bypass from bimmerlabs website, but it's in 0pa instead of .bin and it's using autmated batch script to flash it. Can I flash it and then Load my modified .bin file in Flasher and Flash Tune?
          I just don't want to brick my DME.

Comment

Originally posted by kvotaa View Post

Thanks for the reply.
            The steps i made are:
            1 - Read full with the flasher
            2 - Modify the bin with DTC off
            And now I'm not sure how to continue.
            I've got RSA Bypass from bimmerlabs website, but it's in 0pa instead of .bin and it's using autmated batch script to flash it. Can I flash it and then Load my modified .bin file in Flasher and Flash Tune?
            I just don't want to brick my DME.
            Just follow the steps above. Just use the flasher option RSA bypass. No need to download additional files, the flasher will do it for you.

Comment

Great tool and thanks for sharing it for free. I have a quesiton. I find a tune that i want to flash on my MSV70, but it's .FLS extension. What is the difference between .bin and .fls? Can i flash it in "Flash Tune" in the flasher?

Comment

Originally posted by StormBreaker View Post
                Great tool and thanks for sharing it for free. I have a quesiton. I find a tune that i want to flash on my MSV70, but it's .FLS extension. What is the difference between .bin and .fls? Can i flash it in "Flash Tune" in the flasher?
                It could be a direction to flash (fls). check if the file size and version is equal as your tune.

Comment

Working...
                X