NorCal meets and drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NorCal meets and drives

At some point we will restart Bear Creek, Mines, HW9, Alice's, etc drives...

Until then, stay safe.
    Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

I'm in whenever the situation gets better!
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Even if it doesn't I think we can still do a drive at some point, we don't necessarily need a group hug. Everyone stays in the car, map/directions can be shared ahead of time.
      Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

The State’s shelter in place order ends on April 7th. If the pandemic does not worsen, then we can meet, drive, and eat at any open restaurant. Considering how the illness is ramping up though, I do not have high hopes for a 4/7 end to the shelter in place order... 😐

Until then, stay the hell away from infected people; the last thing you want is to wind up with a pipe sown your throat, and a machine breathing for you.
        Last edited by Speed Monkey; 03-23-2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Monkey View Post
          The State’s shelter in place order ends on April 7th. If the pandemic does not worsen, then we can meet, drive, and eat at any open restaurant. Considering how the illness is ramping up though, I do not have high hopes for a 4/7 end to the shelter in place order... 😐

Until then, stay the hell away from infected people; the last thing you want is to wind up with a pipe sown your throat, and a machine breathing for you.
          If you are not infected, lets meet!
          Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

• Speed Monkey
            Speed Monkey commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a request, can we all meet at a topless bar first to look at some eye candy, maybe get a few lap dances from some caliente heinas before we drive off? I think this would relieve some stress, and everyone will drive slower, hence safer - lol. As my buddy used to say, wear thin pants.

I’m down. Hope things gets better soon. (I’m in Suisun City)
          06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
            I’m down. Hope things gets better soon. (I’m in Suisun City)
            That will be quite a haul for you for an Alice's run, lol. On the other hand getting to Sonoma or Thunderhill, you are a few hours ahead of me (I'm right on border of Los Gatos and San Jose).
            Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

I would be down for a Mines run or Calaveras run

Comment

If anyone is interested, there will be a group drive meeting on Sunday 10am at Vista Point 92/35, 4355 Skyline Blvd, Redwood City, CA 94062. A group of GTRs will be driving from Modesto, so they might need extra time, so roll time might be 10:30.

No hanging out, enforcing social distancing.

When driving, cars have to be somewhat spread out, so if you following someone, stay back. Cops are on the lookout and giving out large tickets to groups of cars who roll 2 feet behind each other.

There will be a pee/gas stop at Alice's for those who need it. Plan is to cruise around, not sure if 84/Pescadero or 35/9, etc. Just have a good time.

Roads in morning are damp due to fog and tree cover, so don't bring your slicks.
                Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                  If anyone is interested, there will be a group drive meeting on Sunday 10am at Vista Point 92/35, 4355 Skyline Blvd, Redwood City, CA 94062. A group of GTRs will be driving from Modesto, so they might need extra time, so roll time might be 10:30.

No hanging out, enforcing social distancing.

When driving, cars have to be somewhat spread out, so if you following someone, stay back. Cops are on the lookout and giving out large tickets to groups of cars who roll 2 feet behind each other.

There will be a pee/gas stop at Alice's for those who need it. Plan is to cruise around, not sure if 84/Pescadero or 35/9, etc. Just have a good time.

Roads in morning are damp due to fog and tree cover, so don't bring your slicks.
                  Ah damn, I won't be able to make it as I'm in the middle of a project with the M3. I'm down for next time though!

Also, hadn't heard about cops giving out tickets to groups. I'm assuming 2 feet is a typo, but that's good to know.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Ah damn, I won't be able to make it as I'm in the middle of a project with the M3. I'm down for next time though!

Also, hadn't heard about cops giving out tickets to groups. I'm assuming 2 feet is a typo, but that's good to know.
                    You can bring a diff car , I'll prob bring the s2k for fun. 2 feet was just an exaggeration to say that groups of cars running close together. A GTR driver who is organizing this drives there a lot and noticed the cops and talked to a few folks. Need to be a bit on the DL driving around.
                    Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

You can bring a diff car , I'll prob bring the s2k for fun. 2 feet was just an exaggeration to say that groups of cars running close together. A GTR driver who is organizing this drives there a lot and noticed the cops and talked to a few folks. Need to be a bit on the DL driving around.
                      Living and working in SF means I don't need a car to commute to work (well not that I commute now anyway), so I just have the M3 as a weekend car. I'll definitely join next time though!

Comment

Noone committing to tomorrow because everyone got scared off by the potential $1k tickets?

Some of you will be getting stimulus checks, consider that as the country wants you to go enjoy your car...
                        Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Ok, jokes aside, message from one of the guys at the first meeting point:

"Turn around do not come, see HP’s are giving tickets, I’m here now, they have a sign that says if you’re 5 miles away from your home you’re going to get a ticket, cancel today, I’m here now CHP all over the fucking place".

He got pulled over, but he's a veteran and told them he was going to the VA, so he got off, but nice of him to go check it out beforehand.

Till next time.
                          Last edited by mrgizmo04; 04-19-2020, 08:51 AM.
                          Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Ok, jokes aside, message from one of the guys at the first meeting point:

"Turn around do not come, see HP’s are giving tickets, I’m here now, they have a sign that says if you’re 5 miles away from your home you’re going to get a ticket, cancel today, I’m here now CHP all over the fucking place".

He got pulled over, but he's a veteran and told them he was going to the VA, so he got off, but nice of him to go check it out beforehand.

Till next time.
                            That sucks. Hopefully the situation changes soon and we can start going on drives again.

Comment

Working...
                            X