Epic Tune and OBD Readiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Tune and OBD Readiness

Our track car is due for emissions here in Maryland. I have heard anecdotal reports of people passing with the Epic tune in Maryland. Using the scantool all monitors are coming back either ready or N/A except for O2 sensors, EVAP, and SAP. I can't get the EVAP or SAP to go ready. The SAP was deleted, but I re-installed it to try and get it to go ready.

I might need to un-delete it in the tune to make the readiness go green?

But EVAP has me stumped. Any ideas why EVAP would not be ready?

I have the stock exhaust but would rather not go through the headache of swapping it out just for this. I wish MD would allow for an exemption since we drive the car on the road less than 100 miles a year, basically just for testing/tuning. It is convenient being able to drive it on the road for this purpose.

I don't know the technical aspects just adding my own experience with Evolve-r for what it's worth. My car has the evolve airbox with tune and is catless SS system. Still has the SAP and was never tuned out... Just went through emissions and I monitored my car's readiness the whole time (2 years ago as well) and EVAP + O2 heater hasn't gone ready in that time. Luckily AZ allows up to 2 motors to not be ready. I'm not sure why the O2 heater consistently won't go ready even though the regular O2s do but I'm thinking the EVAP must be something with my tune//MAP conversion?

Other than that yeah, you might need to contact EPIC to 'un tune' the SAP as you had mentioned.
    Last edited by DI46LO; 04-21-2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I run the epic tune and have zero problems with passing emissions with a similar setup to you. I report the SAP and EVAP and O2 tests as 'ready'. I never reinstalled the SAP after it was removed.

Randy is pretty helpful via phone and emails... granted he does take some time to respond back from time to time.
      2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Thanks for the responses gents.

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
        I run the epic tune and have zero problems with passing emissions with a similar setup to you. I report the SAP and EVAP and O2 tests as 'ready'. I never reinstalled the SAP after it was removed.

Randy is pretty helpful via phone and emails... granted he does take some time to respond back from time to time.
        Since getting the Epic tune done have you ever cleared codes (thus resetting the monitors)?

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
          Since getting the Epic tune done have you ever cleared codes (thus resetting the monitors)?
          Oh yes, multiple times... via an OBD2 reader and via the Epic software. No problems! It's been a solid tune that fixed all my previous headaches.

I'm going back to him to redo my 'fun mode' DME for max whp with my new setup and buying 2 extra tunes for TT4 and TT3 whp detunes.
          2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
          2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Working...
          X