Disable Monitoring or just DTCs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Monitoring or just DTCs?

Do you guys have a preference with respect to turning things off like post cat O2s, for example?

Disable monitoring or just disable the DTCs that'll pop up when you remove the hardware?

When I open my partial read (of my evolve tune) in Martyn's tool, only sap and rear o2s dtcs are diabled, not the actual monitoring of those things and I'm wondering if I should also tick the boxes for disabling monitoring of them?

Or is it a one-or-the-other type things?
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

A complete run down of the features included in the MSS52 / MSS54 Binary modification tool. Interested in knowing what an option in the tool does? Check here

Disable Cat Efficiency DTCs

Allows a user to run catless or decats whilst still keeping the rear / secondary lambda probes in place.

Disable Rear O2 DTCs (Hardware Removed)

Allows complete removal of the secondary O2 / lambda sensors, useful when running after-market headers and decats.
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I have the O2 sensor installed, it's just not hooked in to the exhaust. I'm guessing disabling the first option means you have the hardware present and it's still reading data back to the DME, but the codes are ignored. The second option tells the DME to just ignore the O2 readings completely, as there is no hardware present.

Martyn may be able to chime in here too.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

It probably doesn't really matter. Eventually the DME will figure out something is up and stop relying on the sensor data anyway.

Comment

Thank you Terra
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
        X