Will this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this work?

I ordered a refurbished Lenovo think pad core i5 8GB 180GB SSD with windows 7 pro installed. The computer I got has windows 10 pro. I have found conflicting info on wether inpa and ncs-expert will work with windows 10. I got this computer to be dedicated to the bmw and my Audi avant. I’m new to this and not great with computers. I’m used to using apple products. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And best place to get the software and cable? Not necessarily the cheapest, and I avoid using Amazon if at all possible. THANKS!!

Works fine on mine with Windows 10

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post
      I ordered a refurbished Lenovo think pad core i5 8GB 180GB SSD with windows 7 pro installed. The computer I got has windows 10 pro. I have found conflicting info on wether inpa and ncs-expert will work with windows 10. I got this computer to be dedicated to the bmw and my Audi avant. I’m new to this and not great with computers. I’m used to using apple products. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And best place to get the software and cable? Not necessarily the cheapest, and I avoid using Amazon if at all possible. THANKS!!
      I use INPA and NCS in a windows 10 Virtual Machine using vmware fusion on a mac no problem. It’s only when you try to use DIS is a VM an issue.

Comment

I have ISTA 4.29 installed on my think pad with Win10 PRO. I purchased an ENET cable to connect. I haven’t tested it on my e46 yet, but I assume after a few configurations it should work as I know it does work on Win10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LatinSkllz View Post
          I have ISTA 4.29 installed on my think pad with Win10 PRO. I purchased an ENET cable to connect. I haven’t tested it on my e46 yet, but I assume after a few configurations it should work as I know it does work on Win10.

You have ICOM? Without ICOM no ISTA.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

You have ICOM? Without ICOM no ISTA.
            Here is a guide to show you how correctly connect and set up BMW ENET Cable with BMW ISTA Rheingold software! It is the first step to use this cheap BMW F Series coding cable instead of ICOM!

You’re telling me that will not work?

Comment

Originally posted by LatinSkllz View Post

https://blog.uobdii.com/how-to-conne...sta-rheingold/

You’re telling me that will not work?

You need ICOM in addition to what you have. You can connect with ISTA using just the k/d can cable but in order to use ISTA as replacement for something like INPA you need ICOM.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

You need ICOM in addition to what you have. You can connect with ISTA using just the k/d can cable but in order to use ISTA as replacement for something like INPA you need ICOM.
                Yeah only very basic features are supported by the dcan cable and ISTA.

Comment

Well then…back to the researching haha!

Comment

Knock off ICOM, but I'm going to give it a try with ISTA, DIS is cool but so fragile, finicky and slow.

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                      Knock off ICOM, but I'm going to give it a try with ISTA, DIS is cool but so fragile, finicky and slow.

https://www.obd2eshop.com/wholesale/...-function.html
                      Not to burst your bubble but from my experience ISTA is just as slow as DIS.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Not to burst your bubble but from my experience ISTA is just as slow as DIS.
                        Damn, I figured since its windows based and not running on a VM it would be quicker. Is it any easier to "navigate"?
                        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                        Instagram

Comment

Damn, I figured since its windows based and not running on a VM it would be quicker. Is it any easier to "navigate"?
                          It is easier to navigate than DIS but still requires a learning curve.

Comment

To some degree, but there’s still a lot on unintuitive design.

Comment

Working...
                            X