Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECUWorx: Not all changes sticking after modifying binary file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECUWorx: Not all changes sticking after modifying binary file.

It seems as if my changes aren't all sticking after writing to the DME with BWMFlash. From what I understand BMWFlash is supposed to calculate the checksums automatically, so i'm not sure if the changes I made with ECUWorx is actually all getting written correctly. Reason I believe this is the shift light feature is not working, and i'm still seeing in INPA that the rear o2 sensors are still activating even after I disabled them. Car was running fine with the Terra CSL tune, CSL intake manifold and map sensor swap. I just installed a catless header and am having issues disabling the rear o2. Can someone take a look at my binary file? i'm currently using the Terra CSL tune, which I wrote the full binary with MSSFlasher. I reached out to Martyn as well but have yet to receive a reply. I've attached my partial tune if someone can take a look. Thank you in advance for your time and help.
    Attached Files

The post cat O2 DTC binary in your tune appear to be a little different, for instance:

39 Lambda Sensor Heater Post
    Stock CSL file binary - 27 50 28 03 02 02 03 00 01 22 03 28 03 FF
    Yours - 27 50 28 03 02 02 03 20 01 22 03 28 20 FF

40 Lambda Sensor Heater Post
    Stock CSL file binary - 28 50 28 03 02 02 03 00 01 23 03 28 03 FF
    Yours - 28 50 28 03 02 02 03 20 01 23 03 28 20 FF

This appears at every location related to post cat O2's.

If you're a 6MT set shift lights to "1" instead of "2". SMG stays at "0".

Comment

Thank you for your reply. ok I think I have an idea of what's going on. I should have extracted and modified the partial tune from the full TerraCSL file instead of writing the CSL partial tune that I downloaded on the same Github repository. Seems as if the program versions don't match for some reason, hence the wrong offset. I'll redo the whole process again and see if that works.

Comment

Originally posted by M3Bri54 View Post
        Thank you for your reply. ok I think I have an idea of what's going on. I should have extracted and modified the partial tune from the full TerraCSL file instead of writing the CSL partial tune that I downloaded on the same Github repository. Seems as if the program versions don't match for some reason, hence the wrong offset. I'll redo the whole process again and see if that works.
        There's a bug in ECUworx with the button, click presses. If you click on things like SAP, delete on the left side and then you click on the right side. For EWS delete and rear O2 delete. If you click in the wrong spot, it will unclick the SAP options. I've noticed that several times you have to click exactly on the check box. If you're a little bit to the left of it, it will unclick items on the left. There's some other areas in the graphical interface that I noticed. When you click on certain areas, it will unclick options that you didn't mean to and when you're not thinking about it or looking for it and you hit save and write changes. You essentially have saved it without those options if you didn't pay attention.

Comment

Working...
        X