BMW Scanner 1.4 Reporting DME Shadow Memory Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Scanner 1.4 Reporting DME Shadow Memory Errors

BMW Scanner 1.4 is reporting two DME shadow memory errors that will not clear. The errors are not current. I'd like to clear them to see if they reoccur.

The errors are not visible using INPA, because INPA has errors when I try to display the shadow memory. I tried clearing the shadow memory using INPA, but was not successful. Possibly the errors displaying and clearing the shadow memory are being caused by the daten not being current.

Does anyone recognize the DME errors and have any idea why BMW Scanner cannot clear them or can you suggest any other way to clear them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw scanner dme redacted.png
Views:	772
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	122655
    2020 M2C DCT Hockenheim Silver Metallic

I can't remember where I read it, but somebody stated that this a known BMW Scanner bug and also provided some explanation.
    I simply ignore those two errors when using BMW Scanner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gstlund View Post
      I can't remember where I read it, but somebody stated that this a known BMW Scanner bug and also provided some explanation.
      I simply ignore those two errors when using BMW Scanner.
      Thank you for the reply. I had my car in the dealership for the airbag recall and I asked them to check to see if they could clear the codes while they were programming the airbag. They were using ISTA-D and ISTA-P. They could not see the codes, so it sounds plausible that they are artifacts of a bug in BMW Scanner.
      2020 M2C DCT Hockenheim Silver Metallic

Comment

Working...
      X