MSS5x Motor Type Parameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSS5x Motor Type Parameter

Does anyone who has disassembled the MSS5x code actually know what the cfg.motortyp actually does?

In the MSS52 its set as 0x30 for the S62B50, and in the MSS54/HP it's set at 0C for the S54B32.

Could an MSS52 run an S54 without flashing MSS54 code on it? Or even could an MSS54 with 2 additional coil drivers actually run an S62? I guess there must be something that also defines the firing order too.
    Last edited by Martyn; 04-16-2020, 11:52 PM.

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
    Does anyone who has disassembled the MSS5x code actually know what the cfg.motortyp actually does?

In the MSS52 its set as 0x30 for the S62B50, and in the MSS54/HP it's set at 0C for the S54B32.

Could an MSS52 run an S54 without flashing MSS54 code on it? Or even could an MSS54 with 2 additional coil drivers actually run an S62? I guess there must be something that also defines the firing order too.
    Yes and yes with some caveats. In the MDS52 folder, there actually is a development S54 tune that runs on the MSS52.

That parameter does impact firing order etc. And it's also used to set some of the other differences between the engines (e.g 2 MAFs vs 1). As the software diverged, I think some of the checks were broken (CSL for example can't really support 2 MAFs as it stands).

Comment

Thanks Mirza!

Comment

Working...
      X