6MT Traction control light not going away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
    Yup! Make sure your man file is blank first.
    will do, i'll keep you updated!

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
      Yup! Make sure your man file is blank first.
      I just got my cable, I replaced it, tried coding it but my traction control still doesnt work even my speedo, what do I need to do or what did I do wrong?

Comment

you need to give some more info on your setup and what coding was done up until this point.

the info Martyn gave you is good and true but only if you successfully removed the VO for SMG from your KMB (Cluster) and LSZ (light switch center) and used the option write FA in NCS Expert.

basically your cluster and light control module have a list of vehicle options and one of them was a option for SMG. if you dont remove that option and then attempt to recode your DSC module with a blank MAN file, it just going to flash the default parameters to your DSC module based on the option codes in your cluster or light switch module (which ever you loaded options from to begin with) and nothing will change.

you can also read the DSC module and then look at the options in NCS DUMMY and manually change form SMG to Manual and then reflash that file back to the DSC module.

but the best way is to always remove the VO option code for SMG .

1) Remove $793 from the vehicle order and write the new vehicle order to the AKMB and ALSZ with NCSexpert

2) Recode the DSC, AKMB

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
          you need to give some more info on your setup and what coding was done up until this point.

the info Martyn gave you is good and true but only if you successfully removed the VO for SMG from your KMB (Cluster) and LSZ (light switch center) and used the option write FA in NCS Expert.

basically your cluster and light control module have a list of vehicle options and one of them was a option for SMG. if you dont remove that option and then attempt to recode your DSC module with a blank MAN file, it just going to flash the default parameters to your DSC module based on the option codes in your cluster or light switch module (which ever you loaded options from to begin with) and nothing will change.

you can also read the DSC module and then look at the options in NCS DUMMY and manually change form SMG to Manual and then reflash that file back to the DSC module.

but the best way is to always remove the VO option code for SMG .

1) Remove $793 from the vehicle order and write the new vehicle order to the AKMB and ALSZ with NCSexpert

2) Recode the DSC, AKMB
          I removed the $793 option from my vo I coded kmb and alsz with fa write and just now I tried recording dsc and AKMB all I got is a handbrake light and nothing went away or worked correctly

Comment

Originally posted by E46 Adam View Post
            I removed the $793 option from my vo I coded kmb and alsz with fa write and just now I tried recording dsc and AKMB all I got is a handbrake light and nothing went away or worked correctly
            then it would be a good idea to use INPA or PASoft to read the codes from the ABS/DSC module and see why its throwing that light. also check the Steering angle module for codes to see what it says. use NCS Expert to READ the abs/dsc module and then look at the TRC file with NCSDUMMY to see if its still set to Sequential instead of manual gear box.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

then it would be a good idea to use INPA or PASoft to read the codes from the ABS/DSC module and see why its throwing that light. also check the Steering angle module for codes to see what it says. use NCS Expert to READ the abs/dsc module and then look at the TRC file with NCSDUMMY to see if its still set to Sequential instead of manual gear box.
              i did all of that, problems was a faulty Speed sensor, after replacing it i thought it would fix it but the it was acting like there's still no speed sensor so i just rewired my old speed sensor and fixed everything thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X