Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EWS sync issue with csl clone DME - Solved

Hi Everyone,

I have created a CSL clone from a MSS54 by doing the required hardware modification and flashing full CSL binary via BDM. Everything is working properly apart from EWS, the car is running properly with EWS deleted but it's impossible to sync EWS to ECU. It's throwing code 130 "EWS 3.3 tampering protection" and when I tried to sync EWS via INPA I get an error message "error_SG_rejected".

I'm guessing there is something I'm doing wrong or not doing with my full binary but I can't figure out what it is. I tried with ISN set at FFFF FFFF FFFF and also tried with the same ISN as my stock DME without success. I searched nearly everywhere on the internet but can't find any valuable information. So If there is an EWS/ISN Guru on this forum please help me .
    Last edited by ValVal456; 01-04-2022, 12:23 AM.

I had the same issue. I was lucky with DIS via ussual obd cable

Comment

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I don't have DIS because it's a PITA to install and I prefer INPA / ISTA-D. I tried to do it with tools32 without success. I first used EWS3.prg, executed "wechselcode_sync_dme" then there are several EWS3 function in MSS52DSO.prg and i'm not sure in what order they should be executed. But it fails at "EWS3 initialisation" with the same error as INPA "error-SG-rejected". Maybe it has something to do with my ISN already written in the DME, I'll try with ISN at 0xFFFF FFFF FFFF without a lot of hope.
      I'll also try with MSS52DS1.prg and MSS54DSO.prg.

I hope someone know what i'm doing wrong .

Comment

You need to flash a virgin CSL with BDM on both Eeproms (Master/Slave) and sync with Inpa. Very easy and done many times.
        …under construction.

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

I finally found the solution thanks to Terra here : https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...t-process-help
          Still using tool32 but the process is slightly different tho.
          First load EWS3.prg then execute "wechselcode_sync_dme".
          Then load MSS54DS0.prg and execute "ews3_initialisieren" with 0x01 argument (just write 0x01 in the argument line).
          To finish execute "ews3_sync". If every job returned "OKAY" the code 130 should clear and the car should fire up correctly.

I did it with my ISN written in the DME throught BDM, I'm not sure if it works with a virgin ISN. I'm also wondering why it wasn't working with INPA maybe someone can clarify this.
          Last edited by ValVal456; 01-04-2022, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X