ECU stuck in Tune Flashing mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU stuck in Tune Flashing mode

My car has been sitting for about 2 years for various reasons. This past weekend I finally got it to a point where I was ready to start her up again.

I was previously ESS supercharged, I removed that and now I’m back to an NA build. I had reflagged my car to my Evolve tune I had using their software.

When I attempted to start the car, the car would crank but not start. Some basic troubleshooting (checking fuses etc) later I notice the fuel pump not priming. I replaced that along with the ignition switch car still doesn’t start (cranks no start).

Tried to read for any codes. Unable to communicate with DME. ISTA+ gets ECU not responding. Finally tried MSSFLASHER and found the ECU to be in “Tune Flashing mode”. I guess the reflash to the Evolve tune didn’t go as planned. My question before I shell out money for a license, would using the Virginize function help resolve my issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use winkfp and flash it back to stock.

if it works try the evolve tune again.

Comment

Originally posted by ZiMMie View Post
      Use winkfp and flash it back to stock.

if it works try the evolve tune again.

Ahh thank you! That fixed my issue, now I have to get with evolve though as it seems their software isnt "completing" the flash. I tried to flash it again after correcting it and it still leaves the car in "Tune Flashing Mode"

Comment

Hope you resolve your issue soon , could I ask why you removed your ess supercharger and went back to NA

Comment

Originally posted by Rudbari View Post
          Hope you resolve your issue soon , could I ask why you removed your ess supercharger and went back to NA
          Thanks. Main reasons I went back to NA was that I had some horrible overheating issues even with an upgraded radiator.

Would always start to creep to the red with the AC on. I also had some figment issues with the intercooler tubing that I could never get 100% correct even with them sending me updated parts.

The number one reason though was all that power caused everything to break haha. Granted these items might have already been on their way out but I had to rebuild my diff, replace my driveshaft and a few other things 😭😭

Comment

Originally posted by midnighted View Post

Thanks. Main reasons I went back to NA was that I had some horrible overheating issues even with an upgraded radiator.

Would always start to creep to the red with the AC on. I also had some figment issues with the intercooler tubing that I could never get 100% correct even with them sending me updated parts.

The number one reason though was all that power caused everything to break haha. Granted these items might have already been on their way out but I had to rebuild my diff, replace my driveshaft and a few other things 😭😭

sorry to hear your problems with supercharger and heat.

I think it’s best to keep e46 M3 Na and enjoy her as it is .

I had csl intake for 4 years then got bored and went ess supercharger , it’s been 4 years now .

didn’t had heat issues since I installed methanol for cooling plus my cooling were replace before installing supercharger

Comment

Working...
            X