SMG Cluster 0 to N?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMG Cluster 0 to N?

I remember on the old forum there was a thread where people were unsuccessful in getting their older SMG clusters to display N instead of 0. they tried things like swapping LCDs, coding etc...

reason i ask is because i had a friend with a 2005 ZCP and his board completely lost back lighting capabilities. I'm not good with tracking down board issues that specific so I grabbed an extra SMG board I had then I proceeded to take their existing bad board and copied>saved their EEPROM file and notated the miles/vin etc... then i installed a new chip and cleared out the VIN and Miles in their BIn file and flashed it to the blank EEProm chip and used PASoft to program the MIles first then Vin.

all was good except the SMG LCD was garbled and did not display legible text. i wasn't aware of this until they told me once they put it in their car.

my guess is i used an older SMG board (probably 21 or 22h) that was not compatible with the newer 24H coding index of the BIN file i flashed to the new EEProm chip and soldered on. (i should have thought about that, a very dumb thing to miss)

is there an easy fix to this other than sourcing a good 23/24h KMB board to start over with?

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    I remember on the old forum there was a thread where people were unsuccessful in getting their older SMG clusters to display N instead of 0. they tried things like swapping LCDs, coding etc...

reason i ask is because i had a friend with a 2005 ZCP and his board completely lost back lighting capabilities. I'm not good with tracking down board issues that specific so I grabbed an extra SMG board I had then I proceeded to take their existing bad board and copied>saved their EEPROM file and notated the miles/vin etc... then i installed a new chip and cleared out the VIN and Miles in their BIn file and flashed it to the blank EEProm chip and used PASoft to program the MIles first then Vin.

all was good except the SMG LCD was garbled and did not display legible text. i wasn't aware of this until they told me once they put it in their car.

my guess is i used an older SMG board (probably 21 or 22h) that was not compatible with the newer 24H coding index of the BIN file i flashed to the new EEProm chip and soldered on. (i should have thought about that, a very dumb thing to miss)

is there an easy fix to this other than sourcing a good 23/24h KMB board to start over with?
    I never found a fix for it, so bought a newer cluster in the end.

Comment

Working...
    X