PCV Sucking Jet Pump Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCV Sucking Jet Pump Delete

On the old forum there was a thread on how to delete the PCV sucking jet pump on newer model S54s without a CEL. Anyone happen to have that info? I believe it required patching out a setting in the bin.

Set K_KG_CONTROL to 0

Seems to be located at 0xC166 in all MSS54HP non-CSL software versions. (non-HP and CSL don't have the function at all).

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
      Set K_KG_CONTROL to 0

Seems to be located at 0xC166 in all MSS54HP non-CSL software versions. (non-HP and CSL don't have the function at all).
      Thanks Terra. Always a wealth of knowledge as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
        On the old forum there was a thread on how to delete the PCV sucking jet pump on newer model S54s without a CEL. Anyone happen to have that info? I believe it required patching out a setting in the bin.
        which part is considered the "Sucking jet" i always get the Sucking jet confused with the "Air shut off valve"

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...617833647~oee/

can we tune/code out the air shot off valve as well? is it really needed? have any idea where it is on the CSL software?

i was considering hooking it up to a spare barbed fitting on the bottom of my aftermarket intake manifold with my turbo setup but dont mind getting rid of it if it gets rid of one more possible pain point.
        Last edited by nextelbuddy; 04-10-2020, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Is this in reference to the extra CCV stuff on top of the fuel/air rail on 05+?
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              What is this extra CCV stuff for?

Is the sucking jet anything to do will idle control?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by ac427 View Post
                  Anyone?
                  Doing a CSL box soon, I've got a CSL breather and had planned on modifying it to hook into the little tube/valve on a standard (US Spec.) M3. After looking at pictures of different people's CSL box installs I've noticed the vast majority do not modify their CSL breather. What effect does eliminating this extra tube/valve and

I’m not sure there’s actually an answer in there.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post

Doing a CSL box soon, I've got a CSL breather and had planned on modifying it to hook into the little tube/valve on a standard (US Spec.) M3. After looking at pictures of different people's CSL box installs I've noticed the vast majority do not modify their CSL breather. What effect does eliminating this extra tube/valve and

I’m not sure there’s actually an answer in there.
                    Thank you, it was an interesting read though. i attempted to answer your oil catch tank question at the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X