Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coding Speedometer corrections with NCS Expert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coding Speedometer corrections with NCS Expert?

I am sure most have noticed there E46 speedometers read notably higher then actual speed. I understand this was deliberate from BMW to get around some strict regs some countries have regarding how far off the speed reading are, in that they cannot read slow by any means, so BMW, to avoid any legal issues, made them all read fast.

I found a thread on another forum on how to correct this with BMW scanner, but I was wondering if you can code with NCS Expert as well?

I tried this just two days ago with NCS expert using a few different methods but didn’t have any luck. I had success using the BMW Scanner software with manual edits to the EEPROM dump. My cluster is an early one so I had to do a little off roading to figure out what to edit
    ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Looks like I might need to set up another program. I just got INPA and NCS set up for other things and was hopeing to correct the programming.

Comment

I was able to code my cluster to be pretty accurate, as accurate as 1 - 2 kph off. There is a set of values in the KOMBI module that gives a few options to choose from based on wheel size, so I had to extrapolate and create my own values using NCS Dummy to code a custom value.

i will dig the values and post them here

Comment

Working...
        X