Smg codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smg codes

Hello, first post on the new forum. I'm looking for some help with an issue i am having with my M3. I just got done doing reinforcements plates, subframe bushing, and csl intake. I used Kassel for the ecu conversation and map sensor. Its been parked for about 3 months while doing all the work and just started it for the first time yesterday. It wont shift gears or show any indications on the gear indicator. I pulled codes and its showing codes 80 and 81 smg can bus failure. And code 4f but no description of what that is. I have searched and cant find any information about what these codes are. The smg was working fine without any issues prior to all the work. I did not mess with the smg computer other then to disconnect the connectors to make it easier to remove the ecu. I did disconnect the reservoir line to install the csl reservoir.
    Does anyone e have any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.

Check to make sure you have hydraulic fluid. It probably wouldn't hurt to hook up INPA, Autologic or another diagnostic tool to re-run for codes and to bleed the hydraulic system so you know it's done. Consider swapping out your salmon colored relay since that is one of the 1st go-to parts to check/replace since it could be that simple. Most would immediately go to the relay first but because you said you disconnected the line, you may have allowed some air into your system. Hydraulic systems never do well with air in them. As a suggestion, for SMG issues, since M3F is gone, you might check E46F if you still have issues This Forum is making huge changes and it will probably out to M3F before long. Many of the same players are here and seems like many subjects that were in M3F are showing up here. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the response. I contacted kassel and they informed me that they loaded a non smg file onto the ecu and think that's the issue. I mailed the ecu back to them and i am waiting for it to return. I plan on running the smg bleed on INPA once I get it back to make sure no air is messing things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Seattleswimboy View Post
        Thanks for the response. I contacted kassel and they informed me that they loaded a non smg file onto the ecu and think that's the issue. I mailed the ecu back to them and i am waiting for it to return. I plan on running the smg bleed on INPA once I get it back to make sure no air is messing things up.
        Are you all set with the correct software now?

Comment

Working...
        X