Oil Dummy Light on CAN BUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Dummy Light on CAN BUS

I want to map the low oil pressure dummy light in my CAN logger to trigger a message on the dash. I assume the oil pressure switch is wired into the ECU, then the ECU commands the light on the dash? Anyone know what the CAN ID and bit field is?

The oil pressure light is hardwired to the DME, the Alternator (depending on year) is a CAN message. I imagine that either the DME is a pass through or it commands the light based on the switch, but I don't think that info is sent over CAN regardless.

Would be interested to know more if I am wrong about the CAN message though.
    '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
    Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Yeah I don't think the MSS54 broadcasts the oil pressure switch by default.

IF it processes it at all (instead of acting as a dumb pass through), then you could probably retrieve that info over the K-bus. Or you can enable the debug can messages and broadcast whatever you want over those.

Comment

Thanks gents. Didnt realize the cluster had a dedicated signal wire for the low pressure light!

Comment

Working...
        X