Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INPA step by step install guide?

Hey Guys,

So I bought an INPA (EDIABAS 7.3.0) & NCS Expert DVD (with associated cable) off of Amazon (came packaged 3 days ago). I've been trying to install it, but can't seem to find good enough directions. Anyone have a link to installation?

Thanks,
    Kareem
    Last edited by x Spades x; 04-28-2020, 05:56 AM.

I downloaded INPA from Bimmergeeks which works great on my surface pro. Only downer is fault codes are in German...not a big deal.

Comment

Follow the instructions included with the download from bimmergeeks.com. I know nothing about this stuff but managed to get INPA running on my old windows 7 32bit laptop.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post
        Hey Guys,

So I bought an INPA (EDIABAS 7.3.0) & NCS Expert DVD (with associated cable) off of Amazon (came packaged 3 days ago). I've been trying to install it, but can't seem to find good enough directions. Anyone have a link to installation?

Thanks,
        Kareem
        Would you mind sharing the link to the amazon item you bought?

I'm not sure I would benefit from using Bimmergeeks since I do not have Android devices.
        -Brandon
        2005 M3 BMW Individual Sterling Gray / Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Smitsky089 View Post

Would you mind sharing the link to the amazon item you bought?

I'm not sure I would benefit from using Bimmergeeks since I do not have Android devices.

Sure Bud...

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
            I downloaded INPA from Bimmergeeks which works great on my surface pro. Only downer is fault codes are in German...not a big deal.
            Link?

Comment

Link?
              Find K+DCAN & Enet Cables and the Bmw Software you need all in one place.

- Download "Standard Tools"
              - FOLLOW THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
              - Get the right cable

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Find K+DCAN & Enet Cables and the Bmw Software you need all in one place.

- Download "Standard Tools"
                - FOLLOW THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
                - Get the right cable
                Is there any benefit for going with the bimmergeeks cable below for $70 (including the $5 Double-K line adapter) vs. something from amazon like the OP purchased?

https://www.bimmergeeks.net/product-...dition-k-dcan1
                -Brandon
                2005 M3 BMW Individual Sterling Gray / Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Is there any benefit for going with the bimmergeeks cable below for $70 (including the $5 Double-K line adapter) vs. something from amazon like the OP purchased?

That I do not know the answer to, from my understanding the bimmergeeks cable would be the one to use if your doing a lot of coding etc. just for the build quality and the use of possibly better quality electrical connections/components. I also think Terra may have had some input on the bimmergeeks cable, I maybe read that somewhere.

Instagram

Comment

I still cant get this to work... :-(

Comment

I went with bimmergeeks because of their quality, cross-platform, and lifetime warranty - at least when I bought it.

Comment

I still cant get this to work... :-(
                        Did you follow the install instructions? Is it possible you don't have the correct cable?

Instagram

Comment

Did you follow the install instructions? Is it possible you don't have the correct cable?
                          Yeah I did.
                          I can read the errors and reset my adaptions... but when I try to go into the smg module, it says error, program will stop, then kicks me back out to select the car model.

Comment

OK, I think that could be due to the cable or settings on the cable.
                            For engine codes I think pins 7/8 on your cable are unjumped and all other vehicle modules they need to be jumped.
                            Thats what the button or switch on many cables is for. I have a Kline cable without a switch and can ONLY read engine codes.

EDIT: please not my jumped vs. unjumped description of the cable may or may not be correct, someone feel free to chime in here. I think Tbonem3 knew this.
                            Last edited by Cubieman; 05-12-2020, 04:53 AM.

Instagram

Comment

OK, I think that could be due to the cable or settings on the cable.
                              For engine codes I think pins 7/8 on your cable are unjumped and all other vehicle modules they need to be jumped.
                              Thats what the button or switch on many cables is for. I have a Kline cable without a switch and can ONLY read engine codes.

EDIT: please not my jumped vs. unjumped description of the cable may or may not be correct, someone feel free to chime in here. I think Tbonem3 knew this.
                              This is the package I ordered from Amazon. So I tried the install but did have any luck... then I used the Bimmergeeks (with this cord). Is this cord not compatible?

Comment

Working...
                              X