MSS54/MSS54HP online tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSS54/MSS54HP online tuning

Guys, need some assistance. I'm going to install cams and airbox, so i preparing software basis. As i understand- i need a logger- (Testo as i found on forum) for logging files- now i want to know- MSS54 support online tune or i need for example: Dyno or road run, read logs- mode tune, then reflash 32kb mss54 or 64kb MSS54HP calibrations- turn off car, reflash tune and then again? Or i can change my tune parameters online?

It sounds like you're a little confused with the map editing and comparing this to BM3?

Reading/Writing you want MSSFlasher
    Logging Testo should work
    Editing go get TunerPro and snag the correct XDFs and Bins from the github

The tuning complexity for just the airbox is much higher, and you're adding cams on top of that. I'd strongly recommend one of the popular tuners on the forum, even if it's for a base file you can try to optimize on your own.

I tune domestic cars professionally and paid Hassan to do my M3. I'll customize the file to my liking, but the experience these guys have from tuning the same car over and over is worth the money.
    In my opinion you should contact one of the trusted tuners and have them tell you how to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by evolmotorsprt View Post
      It sounds like you're a little confused with the map editing and comparing this to BM3?

Reading/Writing you want MSSFlasher
      Logging Testo should work
      Editing go get TunerPro and snag the correct XDFs and Bins from the github

The tuning complexity for just the airbox is much higher, and you're adding cams on top of that. I'd strongly recommend one of the popular tuners on the forum, even if it's for a base file you can try to optimize on your own.

I tune domestic cars professionally and paid Hassan to do my M3. I'll customize the file to my liking, but the experience these guys have from tuning the same car over and over is worth the money.
      In my opinion you should contact one of the trusted tuners and have them tell you how to proceed.
      I"m just want to sort out some details) as I understand for example if I'm going to tune ECU- does MSS54HP supply online tune or I need to adjust maps, then stall engine, reflash ECU, start car again, make some runs, view logs and again, or I can reflash my tune online without stalling car and with no adaptations reset like some old bmw ecu's.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post

I"m just want to sort out some details) as I understand for example if I'm going to tune ECU- does MSS54HP supply online tune or I need to adjust maps, then stall engine, reflash ECU, start car again, make some runs, view logs and again, or I can reflash my tune online without stalling car and with no adaptations reset like some old bmw ecu's.
        I think I understand the question. You can not tune this computer in real time. You must stop the car, turn off the engine, and flash the computer. This would require recording data logs, making adjustments in maps, and flashing. I hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by evolmotorsprt View Post

I think I understand the question. You can not tune this computer in real time. You must stop the car, turn off the engine, and flash the computer. This would require recording data logs, making adjustments in maps, and flashing. I hope that helps.
          Thank you very much, friend! You very helpful and your detailed answer is very useful!

Comment

Working...
          X