IAT Spark Correction map in TunerPro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IAT Spark Correction map in TunerPro

I've downloaded the xdf's and bins from tuner pro that match my car and spending some time going over them. I can't find the map the IAT sensor references wrt spark. I've found temp correction maps for air density and cylinder fill but not spark adv/ret. Is it referencing the cold start map KF_KA_T_KOMP?

Originally posted by evolmotorsprt View Post
    I've downloaded the xdf's and bins from tuner pro that match my car and spending some time going over them. I can't find the map the IAT sensor references wrt spark. I've found temp correction maps for air density and cylinder fill but not spark adv/ret. Is it referencing the cold start map KF_KA_T_KOMP?
    IAT does not directly control ignition adv/ret but does change relative filling which influences the final calculation of fuel and ignition angle (think change in air density vs volumetric efficiency). Engine temp (tmot) will directly affect ignition retard to avoid knock.

KF_KA_T_KOMP is temp correction for knock adaptation.

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post

IAT does not directly control ignition adv/ret but does change relative filling which influences the final calculation of fuel and ignition angle (think change in air density vs volumetric efficiency). Engine temp (tmot) will directly affect ignition retard to avoid knock.

KF_KA_T_KOMP is temp correction for knock adaptation.
      I've been reading through the S54 function document from github and did notice there was never an explicit IAT to ignition retard map, but thought I might as well ask. Air quality/composition definitely seems to be the trend with this ECU. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
      X