Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CSL Map on MSS54HP with accompanying sensors allow CSL/open ITBs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL Map on MSS54HP with accompanying sensors allow CSL/open ITBs?

If I flash my MSS54HP with CSL conversion software, and install the correct air temp and MAP sensor, will that allow me to run a trumpet or CSL airbox setup?

Did a bunch of searching but haven't heard it bluntly stated either way. Kassel alludes that the CSL conversion software would provide a good base, not a finished tune.

Originally posted by s54wagon View Post
    If I flash my MSS54HP with CSL conversion software, and install the correct air temp and MAP sensor, will that allow me to run a trumpet or CSL airbox setup?

Did a bunch of searching but haven't heard it bluntly stated either way. Kassel alludes that the CSL conversion software would provide a good base, not a finished tune.
    With the stock CSL “MAP” software you will be able to run either the trumpet or CSL airbox. They mean not a finish tune bc you can still fine tune it for your car specs.
    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Like COVID said, you get CSL conversion so you can run a MAP sensor, MAP then allows for a for use of ITBs or CSL intake.
      Kassel can the tune the DME in ADDITION to the CSL conversion, they take into account parts you may have added such as headers, cams etc. and tweak it for your car to run a bit hotter.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
        Like COVID said, you get CSL conversion so you can run a MAP sensor, MAP then allows for a for use of ITBs or CSL intake.
        Kassel can the tune the DME in ADDITION to the CSL conversion, they take into account parts you may have added such as headers, cams etc. and tweak it for your car to run a bit hotter.
        If my car is a 2005 with MSS54HP, does the DME itself need replaced by Kassel (or similar) if only interested in running the CSL MAP sensor/air rail, NOT the flap? Or is just a CSL tune flash required?
        -Brandon
        2005 M3 BMW Individual Sterling Gray / Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Smitsky089 View Post

If my car is a 2005 with MSS54HP, does the DME itself need replaced by Kassel (or similar) if only interested in running the CSL MAP sensor/air rail, NOT the flap? Or is just a CSL tune flash required?
          Just a CSL tune flash.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Just a CSL tune flash.
            What is the best way to accomplish this? I contacted my tuner (Evolve) and they said that the CSL firmware is not able to be updated with the cable/software that they provide. Can you DIY this with a K+CAN cable?
            -Brandon
            2005 M3 BMW Individual Sterling Gray / Imola Red 6MT

Comment

yes you can. mssflasher can do the trick http://www.msstuning.com/mssflasher.html
              2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

On a related note, if I have no interest in the flap, does my DME still need to be converted from a regular MSS54 to MSS54HP to run a MAP-based CSL tune? The hardware change with the H-bridge is only for the flap?
                '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                  On a related note, if I have no interest in the flap, does my DME still need to be converted from a regular MSS54 to MSS54HP to run a MAP-based CSL tune? The hardware change with the H-bridge is only for the flap?
                  You still need to convert it to HP for the MAP tune.
                  06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
                    You still need to convert it to HP for the MAP tune.
                    That's what I suspected, thanks!
                    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Working...
                    X