Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSSFlasher Fails to Start Up

Hi all,

My MSSFlasher fails to start up due to connection failure to MSSTuning's server.

Here is the error log:

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of MSSFlasher.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ Downloading http://www.msstuning.com/MSSFlasher/...er.application did not succeed.

+ Unable to connect to the remote server

+ A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 216.139.147.63:80

Troubleshooting further it looks like their website MSSTuning.com is unresponsive. I hope MSSTuning is not out of business...

Any recommendation on other flashing tools for the MSS54HP would be really appreciated!
    Last edited by MPowerZ32; 03-15-2023, 03:58 PM.

Did you just try to activate it, or was it an existing install? I tried my copy and it seemed to be working ok.
    You can get BMWFlash as an alternative. link

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MSSFlasher.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	209816
      This is the first dialog I see when trying to launch the application. It fails to grab update from MSSTuning. I've had this app for years and used it from time to time. IIRC, each time I ran it after a hiatus it would try to update itself on the first launch.

I tried BMWFlash a little. It seems very slow when reading the bin. MSSTuning does appear to be superior. Any comments on MSS5x Quickflash

https://www.bimmertuningtools.com/pr...5x-quickflash/ ? Their video seems to indicate that it can read/write very quickly.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

MSSTuning.com is still down. I ended buying MSS5X QuickFlash. It's as good as MSSFlasher as far as I can tell. Read and write are very fast.

Comment

Bumping this. Anybody know what's going on with MSSTuning?

Is there an alternative that can reset the flash counters?

Comment

MSS5X QuickFlash can reset counter

Comment

Originally posted by dl.m3 View Post
              Bumping this. Anybody know what's going on with MSSTuning?

Is there an alternative that can reset the flash counters?
              Seems like msstuning is up now

Comment

Working...
              X