Help with lcm for upgraded OEM led lights SW 3.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with lcm for upgraded OEM led lights SW 3.11

Upgraded my 2002 m3 with OEM led tail lights and dash shows tail lights are out but lights work. I know I need to code it but not sure if I need to get a new LCM as well. Pulled the LCM and it’s a SW 3.11. Can someone help me confirm if my LCM can be coded or if I need to buy a newer LCM? Light are pretty dim and not as bright too. Sorry if this has been addressed already but wasn’t able to find anything that relates to SW 3.11.

Do you have Bi-Xenon headlights? If so, the coding is all you'll need. If you have halogens, you'll need to get a new LCM. I have an 02 with bi-xenons and was able to code in the OEM LED tail lights. I was looking at an 02 with Halogen headlights and was told by the shop I would need a new LCM to get the tail light coding to work.
    '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
      Do you have Bi-Xenon headlights? If so, the coding is all you'll need. If you have halogens, you'll need to get a new LCM. I have an 02 with bi-xenons and was able to code in the OEM LED tail lights. I was looking at an 02 with Halogen headlights and was told by the shop I would need a new LCM to get the tail light coding to work.
      I have xenon lights on mine. Was worried that my LCM was not compatible. Thank you for the help. Making an appointment with EAS to help code the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Robnguyen0802 View Post

I have xenon lights on mine. Was worried that my LCM was not compatible. Thank you for the help. Making an appointment with EAS to help code the lights.
        Yessir - you’re good to go. They coded my 02 with xenon headlights. Easy peezy 🤝
        '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post

Yessir - you’re good to go. They coded my 02 with xenon headlights. Easy peezy 🤝
          Build date should make no effect here so long that car was equipped with bi-xenons, right?

Was honestly unaware in the LCM differences until now and I'm tired of looking at the jellyfish lights on my dash for the past 4 years since I swapped the LEDs on.

Comment

Originally posted by aab010799 View Post

Build date should make no effect here so long that car was equipped with bi-xenons, right?

Was honestly unaware in the LCM differences until now and I'm tired of looking at the jellyfish lights on my dash for the past 4 years since I swapped the LEDs on.
            The car being equipped with BI xenon, BI being the most important of that statement, just means that it has a build date after 09/2001. Which is the thing that matters, the car having xenon or halogen isn’t relevant.

The older LCMs do not have the coding options (cold check, hot check, PWM adjustment) needed to code the LED tails.
            E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
            E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
            E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post

The car being equipped with BI xenon, BI being the most important of that statement, just means that it has a build date after 09/2001. Which is the thing that matters, the car having xenon or halogen isn’t relevant.

The older LCMs do not have the coding options (cold check, hot check, PWM adjustment) needed to code the LED tails.
              Excellent. Mine is an 09/2001 with bi-xenons. Cutting it close but relieved. Thanks

Comment

My LSB is a 02/2001, can I swap a bi-xenon LCM to get OEM LED taillights and coding done?

I have a spare LCM SW:3.01, guess this one can’t be coded either?
                Last edited by Gt4; 05-06-2023, 09:33 AM.
                2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                  My LSB is a 02/2001, can I swap a bi-xenon LCM to get OEM LED taillights and coding done?

I have a spare LCM SW:3.01, guess this one can’t be coded either?
                  Your 3.01 should be a 09/2001 unit, I think I have coded one for LED once for someone, could've been a 3.11, but just try it.
                  E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                  E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                  E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post

Your 3.01 should be a 09/2001 unit, I think I have coded one for LED once for someone, could've been a 3.11, but just try it.
                    Just want to let people know that I was able to get the 3.01 coded for OEM LED taillights conversion
                    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                    2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Working...
                    X