[Resolved] WinKFP updated DME from 0% to 100% in 2 seconds without Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Resolved] WinKFP updated DME from 0% to 100% in 2 seconds without Error

The previous owner had a Build Journal tune in the MSS54 DME. However, I want to reflash back to OEM tune as the car engine and exhaust is stock now.

When I update DME through comfort mode, the update took 2 seconds from 0-100% without any error (Prompted successful & counter is -1). I've read other youtube video that the process would normally take 20-25 min. I am sure it did not overwrite the tune at all. The cable should not be the problem as I've used it to erase code, delete adapation, and read parameters thru INPA

So how do I know if my tune is altered or not? (compare checksum?), and what other method I can reflash it to stock tune?

Here's some info of my DME

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	891.8 KB ID:	215929
    Last edited by y2k_o__o; 05-01-2023, 01:12 PM.

I guess, you need to update in expert mode, because if ID and numbers are same, there is no update thru Winkfp

Comment

Originally posted by ppm008 View Post
      I guess, you need to update in expert mode, because if ID and numbers are same, there is no update thru Winkfp
      Since I know software ID and part number, I can download the original BIN file from ECUWorx, and going to flash it with BMWFlash program tonight.
      MSS54 7842975 7842972 211322002801J429

Comment

Using BMW Flash to reflash to stock is a piece of cake, and it's free! It's so much more simpler than using winkfp.

The car no longer has the exhaust smell that the B-journal tune does, and idles great ! Not sure if I have to delete adapation again?

Comment

Working...
        X