AEM vs Syvecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEM vs Syvecs

Is there an advantage to one of the other?

I'm not a tuner, but it seems like maybe the AEM Infinity offers more features?
    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

The AEM plug and play ECUs are very rare now so unless you already have one, you may struggle to find one. Tuning the infinity is very easy in my opinion.

Syvecs is very powerful, the gui takes some getting used to but it'll do everything you need and more.

My personal favourite at the moment is the MaxxECU, it's fantastic. I have one running the engine in my Supercharged Z4M and i'm using the DCT control element of it too.
    Last edited by Martyn; 07-25-2023, 04:55 AM.

Comment

I don't have any info on which is better vs anything else for that matter but I will have an AEM Infinity plug and play kit for sale soon.
      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
        My personal favourite at the moment is the MaxxECU, it's fantastic. I have one running the engine in my Supercharged Z4M and i'm using the DCT control element of it too.
        I had never heard of that before today. I don't see a plug&play version for the S54, did you have them make you one? What do you like about it?

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I made my own plug and play loom for both my old E46 M3 and my current Z4M. There are a few places making PNP boxes to work with the MaxxECU.

The MaxxECU supports the E46 CANBUS out of the box so there's no faffing about, the support from Maxx is fantastic too, as is the community support.

Comment

Working...
          X