Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to add an ignition rev limiter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to add an ignition rev limiter?

This might have been discussed but I couldn't find any thing on it. I don't hit the rev limiter often, but when I do, I hate how fuel cut always feel like you hit a wall. Is there a way to code in an ignition rev limiter instead?
    In case it makes a difference, I am running a MAP on a CSL airbox so it's not the stock MAF setup.

TIA

Is your csl tune stock ? Because the normal behaviour on this engine is a smooth rev limiter : throttle valves start to close before to reach the rev limiter and when you reach the rev limiter they are already closed.
    Last edited by MpowerE36; 08-14-2023, 01:40 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post
      Is your csl tune stock ? Because the normal behaviour on this engine is a smooth rev limiter : throttle valves start to close before to reach the rev limiter and when you reach the rev limiter they are already closed.
      It is a Kassel CSL converted DME (0401 based binary) with an HTE tune and I haven’t actually hit the limiter on it since the tune. I was out in a buddies K24 turbo the other day and the way it can bounce at the limit without losing any power or momentum is just so much better than what our cars have. Although I haven’t hit the limiter with the airbox (yet), I can’t imagine closing the throttle valves is good for momentum.

Comment

Working...
      X