How to find dme software version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find dme software version?

New to programming here…just clarifying in case you can’t tell by the title lmao 🤣 …..so I got an 04 coupe 6sp that’s been sitting around in a garage for 13 years or so. Hasn’t been thru an emissions inspection in a long time and last time I tried to get it inspected I went to 3 stations and state computer (tx) would not connect. Obd is working fine with scanner and bmw scanner v14. All emission systems show ready and full drive cycle completed.

2 part question……

im aware of the tsb that came out a while back to reprogram the dme to fix this issue. According to bmw my car has had that recall done but I would like to just make sure. Where can I go on bmw scanner v14 to verify dme software version to see if it’s newer that the one called for in the tsb? (See second pic)

if not performed as bmw is saying, would a custom dme programming service fix this (say I’m getting a csl airbox, would tunner/programming service install an updated dme software with this flash or do they just modify whatever dme software you have in the car already? Is there any way to get the dme software updated other than stealership?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mackshackm3; 09-27-2023, 01:28 AM.

This should read the DME for you. You will need a Windows computer and the OBD II cable though. You should see a download for "E39 M5 & E46 M3 ECU / DME Utility (Reads ECU flash counter, VIN, faults etc)​"

Below is a list of downloads hosted by ECUWorx, the Binary Modification & Remap Tool will always be available from this page so be sure to grab the latest version from here. Recently Updated! – MSS65 / BMW E6x M5/M6 Binary Modification & Remap Tool BMW E6x M5/M6 Binary Modification Tool – Build 1.6.3 (exe) BMW E6x M5/M6 Binary Modification Tool – Build 1.6.3 (zip) Recently Updated! – MSS60 / BMW E90/E92/E93 M3 Binary Modification & Remap Tool BMW E90/E92/E93 M3 Binary Modification Tool – Build 1.9.5 (exe) BMW E90/E92/E93 M3 Binary Modification Tool – Build 1.9.5 (zip) MSS6x Flasher

Comment

Working...
    X