NCS expert error “IFH-0009 only with lcm/lsz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCS expert error “IFH-0009 only with lcm/lsz

Feeling stupid with this one but I can't figure out why NCS expert is doing this.

I have no issues reading and writing to cluster with NCS expert but keep failing with lcms.

I have tried 3 different ones all fail with same error

NCS Expert: When trying to connect to the ECU in NCS, I receive the following error—“IFH-0009: No Response from Controlunit”.

It's not my cable, pins 7&8 are bridged, com 1

It has to be something stupid

I can read trace files from LCM but I can flash back. Man file. I've tried flashing stock file that was read, modified stock file, flashing stock with blank Man file....
    I have tried 3 different lcms with 3.6, 3.11 and 4.5. all same results

I tried reading and writing to non m cluster and M3 cluster. 0 problem with them in NCS.

I'm doing this on bench setup not in a car

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

You need to add the IHKA (climate panel) into the setup, otherwise NCS can only read but wont code the LCM, it sounds stupid but that’s how it works.
    E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
    E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
    E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post
      You need to add the IHKA (climate panel) into the setup, otherwise NCS can only read but wont code the LCM, it sounds stupid but that’s how it works.
      Now I'm racking my brain because I swear I have coded the LCM on a bench before with no issues. I just don't remember ever running into this before, but I'll give it a shot in the car when I'm ready. I appreciate the feedback and advice.

Comment

Working...
      X