ECUworx issue with clutch switch direct wire and GPS delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECUworx issue with clutch switch direct wire and GPS delete

In the latest version of ECU worx You have the option to choose clutch switch with GPS option or clutch switch direct wire and then you have a check box for GPS delete

Those options work in general but they are not setting one additional option.

Two cars that I flashed for SMG to 6 MT conversion. I've used ECUworx and both cars have the issue where the car would stall out and die when coming to a stop and pushing the clutch pedal in and they both had these 700 brown or black clutch switch

I then had to take a look back at the SMG to 6MT DIY and look in the coding section and noticed there were three items you had to code manually

The third option is the one that ECUworx is not setting, at least in the DME I was working with which were from 2005 ZCP cars. They were HP DME 2701

But when I looked at the file and hex editor. The third option was not set and I had to set the third option and that solved the issue

In a future version update of ECUworx perhaps that can be updated and fixed?

I'm attaching a picture that shows the three options and the third option is one that is not set.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20231216-182144.png Views:	0 Size:	297.5 KB ID:	246028
    Last edited by nextelbuddy; 12-16-2023, 11:20 PM.

Thanks for sharing! I remember tracking this bit down for months after I got my swap done (this was before the tool even did the first two operations). Out of curiosity, do you happen to know what each change does exactly?
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Wow I haven't seen this documented anywhere. I'm glad that this fixed that issue.

Where is this screenshot from?

Comment

Originally posted by ejendow View Post
        Wow I haven't seen this documented anywhere. I'm glad that this fixed that issue.

Where is this screenshot from?
        From the SMG to 6MT DIY thread

Brought over from M3F thanks to MP675 (I didn’t write this originally): Before I begin, I would like to thank everyone on the forum who has performed this swap before me. In particular, thank you to wrxnoob (the original!), RAZ M3, Performance Technic, M3SMITHNWESSEN, and especially beomoua, see.m3.go, and Abad46 for

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
          thanks, I realized that after I reread your post

Comment

Got my car coded by Martyn @ Ecuworx after my swap and I just checked my bin file to see that the third option was not set.

Comment

Am i even looking at the right place? See pic?

My car is a US car and currently in Europe, the HP conversion is done in Germany and the SMG swap is done in the US.

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
              In the latest version of ECU worx You have the option to choose clutch switch with GPS option or clutch switch direct wire and then you have a check box for GPS delete

Those options work in general but they are not setting one additional option.

Two cars that I flashed for SMG to 6 MT conversion. I've used ECUworx and both cars have the issue where the car would stall out and die when coming to a stop and pushing the clutch pedal in and they both had these 700 brown or black clutch switch

I then had to take a look back at the SMG to 6MT DIY and look in the coding section and noticed there were three items you had to code manually

The third option is the one that ECUworx is not setting, at least in the DME I was working with which were from 2005 ZCP cars. They were HP DME 2701

But when I looked at the file and hex editor. The third option was not set and I had to set the third option and that solved the issue

In a future version update of ECUworx perhaps that can be updated and fixed?

I'm attaching a picture that shows the three options and the third option is one that is not set.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20231216-182144.png Views:	0 Size:	297.5 KB ID:	246028
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jeppe1976 View Post
                Am i even looking at the right place? See pic?

My car is a US car and currently in Europe, the HP conversion is done in Germany and the SMG swap is done in the US.

You have to use a hex editor to open your bin file so that you can modify the setting manually.

If your car is running a US non-csl spec tune and you converted from SMG to manual, then most likely you need to manually change the third setting with a hex editor.

If you use ECU works and open your bin file, it will tell you if your file is a US file or Euro file

Comment

Working...
                X