X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS & Airbag modules delete

Hi,

I have searched for this a bit, unfortunately did not find anything on it:

My car no longer has an airbag control unit and I retrofitted a standalone ABS unit (used to have MK20, now MK60 race standalone)

Now the question: is there a possibility to code this into the remaining stock system? I am mainly focussed on getting it out of the instrument cluster, so there are no more error codes / warning lights on missing units from the can system (currently reading codes 245 & 249). I am not worried so much about the engine ECU, that will get swapped with an ECUMaster after breaking in the rebuilt engine.

Has anyone done this or similar before?

Black electrical tape

Open up the cluster, 3 layers of tape on the backside of the light in question.

Comment

Seems to be the only solution. I will probably do some soldering work to kill the lights. Haven't found anyone that can handle the software side, likely impossible.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
        Seems to be the only solution. I will probably do some soldering work to kill the lights. Haven't found anyone that can handle the software side, likely impossible.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk
        I suppressed most of the codes so I don’t think I have a light. But it helps a ton to suppress useless codes so you don’t have to sort through a ton of codes when diagnosing something.

Comment

Working...
        X