Info on STT128E IGBT driver in MSS54/HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on STT128E IGBT driver in MSS54/HP

Does anyone have a datasheet on the stt128e IC that drives the gates on the ignition coil IGBTs? Or even better, does anyone know where to find some or know of a suitable alternative? One of mine may have failed, and would like to try and test and/or replace it.

The most I cant tell is that it is manufactured by a company called STmicroelectronics. You could try calling them for more information. The last time that I was totally unable to find a datasheet on an IC was because the number on it was actually the order number for the customer. Sometimes they wont print the serial number on it to make it harder to reverse engineer the design. However, I did find this eBay listing for an STT128D for the Z3: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-STT128...K/264622408399. You could give that a shot.

Just curious, what leads you to believe that the IC is damaged? It looks okay to me.

Comment

Thanks for the link! I was checking Ebay, but couldn't find anything. Alibaba has some potential too, but I'm hesitant (as I probably should be with Ebay).

As for why I want to replace it, basically, it's just the next component to check. I bought a DME from Ebay (to convert to MSS54HP), and found that I'm not getting any spark to Cyl 2 or 3. My original DME (with the same software) works fine, so I suspect it's the Ebay DME. The IGBTs tested fine, so I'm now looking at the driver. I want to rule it out by either testing or replacing.

Comment

Oh now I see that the Ebay links to a STT128D. Not sure what the difference is between the E and D ICs. I really need to track down a datasheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders93 View Post
          Oh now I see that the Ebay links to a STT128D. Not sure what the difference is between the E and D ICs. I really need to track down a datasheet.
          I would give them a call and ask if they manufactured an IGBT driver in a 20 pin SOIC package 15 years ago. The fact that the only other similar result out there for the part is for the Z3 makes me think that STT128D/E is an order number.

Comment

So for whatever it's worth, the MSS52 I have on my desk has the STT128D ICs. That probably means they're pin compatible, and one's just a newer revision.

Comment

Working...
            X