Question for coding/tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for coding/tuning

I'm not familiar with how to code or tune and I'm a situation of needing the ability to scan and read the codes on my car. Does the cable and software associated in this section allow that or do I need a scan tool that's specific for that? If there's one that will do it all then saves me needing multiple devices and things. Thank you in advance for anyone's help and recommendations.

Hey there,
    You will need a k+d can cable and a windows laptop to read codes using INPA.
    I bought this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1GB94BV...t_details&th=1 and it works great.
    After this, i'm sure someone will guide you to get INPA, if not, reach out to me and i will help.
    If I end up seeing you on Sunday, i will bring my equipment and we can read the codes.

Keywords:
    K+D can - cable that you connect your laptop and OBD port to.
    INPA - software that works best for e46s

The K+D can cable that i linked can be used to read fault codes, tune, and just about anything.
    Good luck

​There is a barrier of entry to e46s, just like any other hobby, it takes time and patience, luckily - the community here is GREAT
    Last edited by inlinesix123; 03-21-2024, 12:40 PM.

Comment

There are tons of vids on YouTube. But still haven't gotten the courage myself connecting to my car..

Comment

Doesn't seem to complicated, I just didn't want to buy the cable and set up my laptop for coding/tuning if it couldn't read the diagnostics of the car cause that means I need another device. Just want one device not multiple.

Comment

Totally understand. I currently have a Bluetooth odbii and use a free app for reading codes

Comment

Working...
          X