Ncs expert / dummy coding not sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ncs expert / dummy coding not sticking

So I’m coding my car using ncs expert and dummy. I’ve coded other things on my car with success, but these couple coding functions has me baffled.

1. I try to code unlock all door with one click of the key remote and it’s taken when I read the GM5 module, but when I press the unlock button on my key, it still only unlocks the drivers first then I have to press the unlock button again to unlock the passenger side. There are 3 options in this coding function and I chose the correct one but it won’t stick.

2. I tried to change my key in ignition warning sound to the gong instead of the piezo, but no sound comes out with the gong function. It’s like the gong sound file is missing. Changing it back to the piezo sound, it works fine. Thoughts?

car is a 2003 m3

1. You need to both set the function to active, and activate the key. Two settings in NCS
    2. You must have a manual M3. Manuals do not have the gong installed
    ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post
      1. You need to both set the function to active, and activate the key. Two settings in NCS
      2. You must have a manual M3. Manuals do not have the gong installed
      Hi! Thanks for the response! Appreciate it!

1. do you know how to activate the key? Which setting is it in NCS?

2. yes you are correct. Ok now I understand.

Comment

I don’t recall off the top of my head, sorry!

Comment

Ah bummer, but thanks for lettin gme know@. Hopefully someone can chime in

Comment

Google yielded this on the first page of search results: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...e-door-opening

Comment

Thanks for this! I saw that thread last night but I’ll look through it more carefully to see if I can decipher what I need to do.

Comment

Working...
              X