Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karb CSL Intake Install with Alpha N Tuning Question

Hey guys,

I’m getting a Karb race csl intake installed and getting an alpha N tune from a company called HTE tuning tomorrow at EAS. I have a couple of questions.

I didn’t do the map and dme conversion yet since I can’t find an HP dme in time. I’ll do that later down the line, but is there anything I should tell the tuner tomorrow in regard to what I want or do they just go off of the dyno runs and adjust accordingly? I don’t really care about peak power but I want drivability mainly.

I heard alpha n tunes could have issues with heel toe shifting which is my main concern as I love to heel toe everywhere I go. Should I bring this up with the tuner?

thanks!

Julian

For driveability? Absolutely 0401 CSL software on HP ecu or nonHP to HP converted ecu. If you spend that amount of money on a karb airbox conversion, this is a must imo. Don't understand me wrong, a good mafless tune is not that bad, but if you spend that much money and then making cuts...I would suggest to first take care of the HP ecu, safe the money and not spend a good amount again after you have a HP ecu.

If you just track the car, "alphaN", so mafless setup on nonCSL sw is fine.
    …under construction.

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post
      For driveability? Absolutely 0401 CSL software on HP ecu or nonHP to HP converted ecu. If you spend that amount of money on a karb airbox conversion, this is a must imo. Don't understand me wrong, a good mafless tune is not that bad, but if you spend that much money and then making cuts...I would suggest to first take care of the HP ecu, safe the money and not spend a good amount again after you have a HP ecu.

If you just track the car, "alphaN", so mafless setup on nonCSL sw is fine.
      Thanks for the response!

I’ll be doing the map/csl conversion later just need to find an extra HP DME. I was just asking about tomorrow’s dyno tune with the tuner and what to specifically ask for.

Comment

Make sure the Hassan knows what kind of IAT you’re using. The generic sensor has different parameters than the oe CSL.
        06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Convertible with a CSL airbox is peak audio.
          Congratulations, enjoy the induction sound.
          I would advise to do a MAP conversion with a CSL tune adjusted for cams, but, I'm sure a decent alfa tune will do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by inlinesix123 View Post
            Convertible with a CSL airbox is peak audio.
            Congratulations, enjoy the induction sound.
            I would advise to do a MAP conversion with a CSL tune adjusted for cams, but, I'm sure a decent alfa tune will do just fine.
            Thanks for that! I’m excited although it was drizzling this morning so not sure if I can go top down after the install and tune!

yea my next step is to do the map conversion. Once I can source an HP dme I’ll go in but kind of hard to find. I saw some on eBay but not sure about them.

she just went into surgery!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jpy1980; 04-25-2024, 09:16 AM. Reason: Added photos

Comment

Just drove the car for about 40 miles after getting the Karb box installed with the alpha n tune.

Not sure what I was expecting but man the tune is great. Driveability is just as good as stock and heel toe works like a dream. Car is noticeably quicker and that intake roar is AMAZING. Had the dinan stage 1 tune on the car before and the alpha n tune by HTE is leaps and bounds better.

car made 315whp on CA 91 octane

i don’t think I need to get the map conversion unless I were to move to somewhere of a drastic elevation change, no?

thoughts guys? What am I missing here?

(PS I can’t stop driving like an arsehole hahah I keep wanting to hear the intake.)

(PPS) for those with a regular cone intake, the csl intake is WAY louder and dramatic. I posted a question about this to see if the cost was justified and YES it is. If you are fortunate to have the disposal income to get a csl intake box, get one! When I stood next to the engine when they were dyno tuning it, I actually got startled at how loud it was haha.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X