Fix For Error Code Reading on MSSFlasher CSL Tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix For Error Code Reading on MSSFlasher CSL Tune

The CSL binaries Paffy has on the MSSFlasher website do not have all the changes necessary to play 100% nice with the non-CSL bootloader. It mostly works, but notably the ability to read error codes is broken

Download a corrected program here

Flash only the program - leave your tune as is (the tune built into the file above is just a standard CSL tune).

Read off your tune and change 0xE002 from 00 to 01, then flash that tune back to your car.

That program also has the changes to trigger the alternator light over the CAN-bus. To enable that, you'd set 0x5968 (partial binary) to 01 05 0A and enable "GENERATOR_UEBER_CAN" in your instrument cluster. If you already have the direct wiring done, then you could leave it alone and things will function like they did before.

i always wondered why when using that version of the CSL software, in INPA trying to read error codes it would just freeze.

definitely saving this one. thanks!

Comment

terra May we host your fixed full binay at github here?
      TunerPro XDFs, DTCs, A2L, DIY Bench Flash Harness, Swap XDFs COMPREHENSIVE

Comment

Yeah that's fine

Comment

awesome, thanks for this!

Comment

Awesome - thanks

Comment

Thanks you very much. WIll try this.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                The CSL binaries Paffy has on the MSSFlasher website do not have all the changes necessary to play 100% nice with the non-CSL bootloader. It mostly works, but notably the ability to read error codes is broken

Download a corrected program here

Flash only the program - leave your tune as is (the tune built into the file above is just a standard CSL tune).

Read off your tune and change 0xE002 from 00 to 01, then flash that tune back to your car.

That program also has the changes to trigger the alternator light over the CAN-bus. To enable that, you'd set 0x5968 to 01 05 0A and enable "GENERATOR_UEBER_CAN" in your instrument cluster. If you already have the direct wiring done, then you could leave it alone and things will function like they did before.

terra Why do you change 0xE002 from 00 to 01 ?

Maybe I’m wrong but 0xE002-0xE003 is the word K_FR_T_ADAPT.

Original value : 000 150 => 150 word => 1,5sec
                Tuned value : 001 150 => 406 word => 4,06sec

Why do you change K_FR_T_ADAPT value from 1,5sec to 4,06sec ?
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

^With Terra's wording, XX is a BYTE. The xdfs have this as a WORD ie XXXX. Also the 0401 XDF has a conversion...so....reading TERRAS notes, it would be unwise to use the XDF to change this value.

Comment

0xE002 must not be seen as a single byte, it is the most significant bits of the word 0xE002-0xE003. As you see below, the program confirms that it uses a word at the 0xE002 address. This word is K_FR_T_ADAPT and I don’t understant why we need to modify it.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	K_FR_T_ADAPT.png
Views:	2024
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	35312

Comment

The modified program loads it as a byte instead of a word. The non-CSL bootsector sees E002 as K_FSP_CONCEPT. CSL bootloader has it at a different address (F002 I think). So to make the bootloader happy you need to change the value to 01. And to not change K_FR_T_ADAPT’s behavior, we load it as a byte and change the address to E003

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                        The modified program loads it as a byte instead of a word. The non-CSL bootsector sees E002 as K_FSP_CONCEPT. CSL bootloader has it at a different address (F002 I think). So to make the bootloader happy you need to change the value to 01. And to no not change K_FR_T_ADAPT’s behavior, we load it as a byte and change the address to E003
                        Thanks Terra it's clear

Comment

terra I know when reading your posts to pay specific attention to your nomenclature ;-)

Comment

another happy customer of terra's updated file. just flashed it onto my HP DME and can confirm the IAT and MAP sensors are now activated and working and i'm able to pull the codes from the DME via INPA or an OBD2 reader. now time to optimize this tune!
                            2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                            2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

looking for some confirmation from others. i just came home from just testing the csl upgrade and overall pretty happy. my only trouble were the AFRs that i saw when going WOT on an on-ramp. i saw them dip into 10.5 and hold steady around there.

i'm running a karbonius intake, stock cams, and the IAT/MAP sensors were installed and confirmed they're reading well, but i'm a bit concerned on those AFRs. i've also been battling a bank 1 too rich code that keeps coming back even after checking the engine mechanically. on the previous tune, it'd dip into the 12.5's and hold there.

any reactions to what i saw from my wideband on this new CSL tune? has anyone else seen the same?
                              2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                              2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Working...
                              X