How Do I Access DIS in EDIABAS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Access DIS in EDIABAS?

I just installed and loaded EDIABAS, but can't see DIS. Does the pc have to be connected to my car before I can use those tools, or maybe my install is bogus?
    Thanks!

DIS is a separate program, you will not be able to run it unless you download a virtualization program such as VMWARE. I paid $45 for a really easy install from:

Do you want the easiest and most complete installation of the BMW dealer and factory diagnostic systems? Then checkout the pss-autosoft 'EasyInstall' system! All the software you need to get diagnosing and coding using the BMW EDIABAS and DIS v44, DIS v57 and SSS Progman!

That will get you INPA/NCS/DIS/everything!
    Last edited by Cubieman; 11-29-2020, 09:49 AM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

What specific problems are you encountering? The CPU must be able to support virtualization or it won't run. If its VMware that won't run, try and older version like Mario at Pss-autosoft suggests, I think VMplayer Ver. 4??

Instagram

Comment

Not sure if this'll help ya!!
        Attached Files

Comment

I bought Mario's package, and thanks to him, it's now installed and ready to run. the specific problem I seem to be having is that I just don't know the keystrokes that will open and show me DIS. the very old package I bought from BMTechnic had a desktop launcher that was perfect. Clicked on the desktop icon, and every program appeared, just click on the one you wanted to run. That pc died, along with the programs I used. I'm confident I can get around well enough in DIS to suit my needs, I just don't know how to get that puppy to appear!

Comment

Looks like I may be on top of this, thanks to a couple of forum helpers.

Comment

After a long and unanticipated delay, I'm again trying to get this project off the ground. Cudos to Mario at pss-autosoft.net for getting my install on track, but I now seem to have a different issue. I can access DIS, but when I select my vehicle, it gets hung up on the hourglass. Also, the BMW Diagnostic Head V1.2.1 automatically appears when I start the pc. If I click RUN, this error appears " No enabled adapter with IP 192.168..68". Does that mean I need to identify and change that IP address? Which cable do you recommend ? Sorry about the ignorance here, I know you guys will have to dumb down this to my level! I'm in over my head, but determined to get this going!
              Thanks for all the support.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post
                After a long and unanticipated delay, I'm again trying to get this project off the ground. Cudos to Mario at pss-autosoft.net for getting my install on track, but I now seem to have a different issue. I can access DIS, but when I select my vehicle, it gets hung up on the hourglass. Also, the BMW Diagnostic Head V1.2.1 automatically appears when I start the pc. If I click RUN, this error appears " No enabled adapter with IP 192.168..68". Does that mean I need to identify and change that IP address? Which cable do you recommend ? Sorry about the ignorance here, I know you guys will have to dumb down this to my level! I'm in over my head, but determined to get this going!
                Thanks for all the support.
                I have the same issue with Diaghead, try this and see if it helps. I don't know how, but on VMnet1 (in network settings) it has another IP address (192.168.71.1) that must be removed each time I turn the computer on for diaghead to run properly.

My buddy recently borrowed my laptop and here are the instructions I sent him.

Steps as follows:

- Windows symbol key + "E"

- Choose "open control panel"

- Click " network and internet"

- click "network and sharing center"

- under connections click "VMWARE network adapter VMnet1"

- click "properties"

- click "intenet protocol version 4 (TCP/ipV4)

- click "properties"

- click "advanced"

- click "192.168.71.1"

- click "remove"

- click "OK", window closes

- click "OK" window closes

- click "close" window closes

- click "close" window closes

- X out of Control panel and your done

‐-------‐‐‐---------------------
                -Open diaghead and click run
                - open IFH-server
                - run vmware

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                X