Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSS54 - checkum calculation can't it be turned off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSS54 - checkum calculation can't it be turned off?

Hello members,

I am currently preparing 2 MSS54 ECU to be used with an emulator (OLS300) and would like to know if there is a way to turn off checksum calculations? I use 2 ECUs as 2 memories need to be emulated. First Master (ignition) and later Slave (injection/vanos). Currently when I change a bit the EML light goes on and limp mode is activated. My main goal is to fine tune new Schrick camshafts for optimum cylinder charge. On stock tables 10-15% air charge is decreased. When loading CSL VANOS tables an improvement can be observed over stock but I like to squeeze the best out of it. I know from memory that on the original "Comprehensive MSS54 thread" someone mentioned to set one of the cfg.xxx variables to a specific value to turn off checksum calculation. But I simply don't know which. Do some of you remember or can guide me in a direction?

Best regards,
    Tomba

Originally posted by Tomba View Post
    Hello members,

I am currently preparing 2 MSS54 ECU to be used with an emulator (OLS300) and would like to know if there is a way to turn off checksum calculations? I use 2 ECUs as 2 memories need to be emulated. First Master (ignition) and later Slave (injection/vanos). Currently when I change a bit the EML light goes on and limp mode is activated. My main goal is to fine tune new Schrick camshafts for optimum cylinder charge. On stock tables 10-15% air charge is decreased. When loading CSL VANOS tables an improvement can be observed over stock but I like to squeeze the best out of it. I know from memory that on the original "Comprehensive MSS54 thread" someone mentioned to set one of the cfg.xxx variables to a specific value to turn off checksum calculation. But I simply don't know which. Do some of you remember or can guide me in a direction?

Best regards,
    Tomba
    Try to modify 0xF (cfg_s.status) and 0x400F (or 0x800F for HP) (cfg_m.status) from 132 to 0
    Last edited by MpowerE36; 07-23-2020, 08:58 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Working...
    X