LED tail light coding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED tail light coding

Is there someone here who has done this coding that could point me in the direction of a good step by step DIY? Tutorials I've seen online all seem to use different ways (PA Soft, NCS Expert, NCS Dummy, etc.). Thank you!

I thought this video was helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by IceInMyVeins14 View Post
      I thought this video was helpful!
      https://youtu.be/WueWDVlqC94
      I was watching that one as well. Did you use that video to code yours?

Comment

Yeah I was actually planning to. I just got some OE amber LEDs with the adapters. Now just need to code the LCM

Comment

Is there anyone that can code lcm's as a service? I need to code my lcm but I'm not sure how to use the software on my windows 10 computer

Comment

Originally posted by ///m325i View Post
            Is there anyone that can code lcm's as a service? I need to code my lcm but I'm not sure how to use the software on my windows 10 computer
            Anthony, theres someone that does it somewhat locally to us in Nyack I believe. Codemyeuro.com

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Anthony, theres someone that does it somewhat locally to us in Nyack I believe. Codemyeuro.com
              Thanks George! I'll check them out

Comment

When looking through the (BMW Scanner) LCM Support list, what exactly are we trying to find match?

In NcsExpert, which ECU would I choose for an April 2001; he wasn't clear on these.

Comment

With NCS: Add +LEDH to the VO and code the LCM.
                  IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                  A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                  Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                  Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                  Touring S62 6MT
                  Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

I've looked through some threads on e46 fanatics and some other 7 year + threads. I've seen a variety of build dates that require a new LCM and some that don't. My car has a build date of 10/2001.

Will it hurt the electronics to install the taillights and drive it briefly till I figure out if I need a new LCM after trying to code it?

What's the lowest software version I could use for the LCM? I've seen a couple v.3.06 on eBay.
                    Garage:
                    2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                    1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

You might be okay, cut off was 9/2001 iirc.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                      X