ABS+DSC+BRAKE+Tire pressure, trying to solve the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS+DSC+BRAKE+Tire pressure, trying to solve the problem

Hi all, recently I bought a March ´01 E46 M3 (production date), seller adviced that he suffered an issue with the ABS module, tried swapping the faulty unit completely with an used unit, but couldn´t fix the problem,

He gave me some spare parts, between them the pump itself ( the mechanic part, not the DSC unit). Maybe I might also check the condition of the motor, who knows if the electric motor was the culprit because sometimes the brushes tend to stock inside...

Anyway, so I started with the idea of a quick scan, and after that, thinking abut the possible origin of the issue... maybe a non-coded unit, a non-coded and faulty unit (even a not proper unit based on different part numbers)

According at my Realoem and the ABS part numbers installed on the M3, this is what I found:

My part numbers might be 34512229827 (Pump unit) and 34512229802 (DSC control unit)

Click image for larger version  Name:	qdN6UDc.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	61568

That´s what I found at the car:

Click image for larger version  Name:	JK4qIHC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	61569

Click image for larger version  Name:	FGAsEOK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	61570

So as I was not sure about the compatibility, tried to research here and there and found sellers on Ebay saying that the module with those numbers were compatible.. To be honest I have no idea, as far as I know the modules from 2002 and up are different, but I don´t know if this is just a construction thing (first ones showing bolts, newer models glued)

Anyway, burned my eyes watching some ABS/DSC coding, removal videos, and found one interesting showing even the proccess for the donor module coding (not an M3 but enough for having a general idea):

(Coding starting at 14:44)

And then, started myself with the tests (I have all the BMWScanner and INPA related software at two different laptops, one with W10 and the other W/XP 32 with the exact same results), but bad news started soon... watching the videos, even with BMWScanner, you can scan and see the error codes of the faulty units, no matter if is the original part or the donor part, but... this is what i found at my BMWScanner scan:

Click image for larger version  Name:	QpDyyG5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.4 KB ID:	61571

Why can´t even the ABS unit be scanned?

The others that I found could be related with the same issue:

DME

Click image for larger version  Name:	DfeWPDx.jpg Views:	0 Size:	191.3 KB ID:	61572

IKE

Click image for larger version  Name:	8njll0F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.6 KB ID:	61573

LEW

Click image for larger version  Name:	PRBSzmA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.2 KB ID:	61574

Tried with INPA, NCS Expert (with this last at least to see if it can recognize any module) But INPA just shows two errors at the engine, can´t check all the other parts (Chassis, body, etc...) showing this error, which could be my stupid cable:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mSAX2Wk.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	61595

neither with NCS Expert:

Name:	fkCYzT8.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	61596

My cable could be the culprit, based on this info may be not the right one...:

(PDF attachment at the bottom of the 1st post)

Opened mine and it looks exactly like the named as "bad white"

Name:	FEH5gGs.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	61597

Name:	nw3721C.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	61598

I think that it´s not the right cable (No FTDI/ FT232 chip)

Anyway BMWScanner has another cable which seems always to do the job...Do you guys know what could be the reason because the scan doesn´t shows the ABS? I´m new with this but was thinking that even a faulty unit should show info... So I don´t know if I might find another used unit, or this maybe is not the proper unit...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RevUpp; 10-12-2020, 01:01 PM.
Working...
X