Fave Tool for OBD II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fave Tool for OBD II

For the S54, what do folks use/recommend for OBDII logging and resets?

I've found the old crop of Windows based products do not run on Win10 (throw malware warnings). I'm assuming I need to one of the Android or iOS solutions with a bluetooth dongle?

Depending on what we need to do its either INPA with a USB cable or the Schwaben/Foxwell scantool from ECS.

90 percent of the time I find myself using the Schwaben as bringing out the laptop is kind of a pita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My evolve software or Schwaben tool or Martyn's tool. You should get a cable anyway, they're cheap too.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I have a USB cable I use with MSSFlasher. I was thinking there's all these Android & iOS apps out there and was curious if people have experience with them. E.g. Torque, bimmer-tool, or Car Scanner...

Comment

Ya torque app is ok, best for monitoring smog readiness imo.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I'm thinking of just opting for the foxwell nt530 cause nearly everyone i know that has INPA has battled it and I don't want to fight that battle. But is there anything users have discovered they can't do with Schwaben/foxwell that the could with INPA and they've really missed that function?

Comment

I really like INPA and EasyDis depending on what I’m doing. EasyDis has a misfire counter that I haven’t been able to find in INPA or ISTA+. Unfortunately if I get EasyDis working, INPA stops working and vice versa. I’m sure it’s my EDIABAS config file but EasyDis is a pain to get working.
              IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

As per the title ECUWorx have just put together a new utility for you guys that can do a few basics on the vehicles DME. The software can be used with a standard K/DCAN cable (set to COM1) to do the following:– Read DME information such as VIN, DME type, DME software version, number of flashes available etc– Read Fault codes– Clear Fault codes– Read key adaptation values such as your long and short term fuel trims, your ignition adaptations and your vanos adaptations.– Clear adaptations The software is provided free of charge and can be downloaded from here >

Comment

Working...
                X