DIS can't communicate w/ car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIS can't communicate w/ car

So I've got DIS via pss-autosoft.net, just tried to connect to my vehicle for the first time and it doesn't recognize my k+dcan cable. INPA and other programs work just fine. I see there is an emulator that was included in the software suite and I have it set for the USB option.
    I think I need to contact the guy at pss-autosoft.net and/or do a bunch of reading. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

DIS runs in a Virtual Machine since it is unix based. You need to run some kind of bridge software on the windows side and point the DIS side to the windows machine's IP address as the diagnostic head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, in pss soft it is called "diaghead". Run as administrator and then click the "run" button up top. You may need to the run the IFH-server as well.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Thanks guys, I've got a place to start from now.

Instagram

Comment

So might anyone have a basic set of instructions they could give me in regards to helping me get the K+DCAN cable set up. I have used Diaghead as Administrator to no avail as well as IFH-server. Heres a shot of one potential problem I am not quite sure how to fix. Forgive my ignorance, but this one has got me confused.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20201102_212334.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	65858

Instagram

Comment

vmnet1 is a virtual network interface installed during the VMware installation. If your guest VM uses this virtual switch it will have host only access meaning no internet access and nothing but your physical laptop can see the guest VM. Perhaps that interface isn't enabled if VMware player is not active.
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

After starting the diagnostic head from inside DIS v44 if you go to the Services menu and click "Setting up Connection" then click "Test" do you receive a message stating the "diagnostic head is connected and could be reached"?

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                After starting the diagnostic head from inside DIS v44 if you go to the Services menu and click "Setting up Connection" then click "Test" do you receive a message stating the "diagnostic head is connected and could be reached"?
                So I take it that means I should be running DIS 44 and not 57? I'll try this very soon when I get a sec, thanks for the tip!

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                X