Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSS54HP CSL - MAP sensor offset and factor location & MAP fuel map

Dear members,

I am looking for the MAP sensor offset and factor to correctly set my MAP sensor. I can't find the documentation on were the location is anymore.
    Besides this I wonder were the base fuel map for MAP is? It seems the one used on MAF systems (18x12 table with values near 128 8 bit ----> 0x8FA partial read). It is slightly adjusted in the lowest load range and I doubt this is the correct one.
    On MSS60 there are tables for both throttle body surface (mm2) and MAP (PSAU) to engine VE.

I have installed bigger throttle bodies on this engine and would like to know if these settings can be changed. I would suspect that the value AQrel needs adjustment due to this.

Hope someone can help me out. File is stock CSL S/W which can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.msstuning.com/files/CSL_3...une_MANUAL.bin

Best regards,
    Tomba
    Last edited by Tomba; 11-03-2020, 12:12 AM.

K_DKR_P_SAUG_REF_DICHTE >> MAP Slope at 0xD2EE ; x/160
    MAP Offset at 0xD2F0 ; x/32

To adjust fuel use the 24x20 table at 0xD326; aq_rel x rpm; x/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavlo View Post
      K_DKR_P_SAUG_REF_DICHTE >> MAP Slope at 0xD2EE ; x/160
      MAP Offset at 0xD2F0 ; x/32

To adjust fuel use the 24x20 table at 0xD326; aq_rel x rpm; x/10.
      Correction, x/160 is not the compu method. It is x/32 and is mbars

Slope and intercept are calculated based on Bosch MAP sensor linear model formula:

slope = (max mbar-min mbar) / ((Ua_max-Ua_min)/Uv_input)
      intercept = min mbar - ((Ua_min/Uv_input)*slope)

Uv_input for MSS54HP ADC is 5.1v

All this as been tested and 100% verified using Arduino and exact formula listed. Absolutely zero DME faults; On start-up & running.

Click image for larger version

Name:	arduino_MAP.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	75154

Name:	GM_1 Bar_current_baro_005.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	75155

Name:	GM_1 Bar_002.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	75156

Name:	GM_1 Bar_003.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	75157
      Attached Files

Comment

Don't you say the same thing ?

MAP Slope in mBar/ADC -> x/32

MAP Slope in mBar/V -> x/32/5=x/160
        Last edited by MpowerE36; 12-26-2020, 05:01 AM.
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post
          Don't you say the same thing ?

MAP Slope in mBar/ADC -> x/32

MAP Slope in mBar/V -> x/32/5=x/160
          No, the scalar is not mbar per volt and will yield a slightly different value. So, depending on what MAP sensor is being scaled you may experience a fault upon initial power-up (key turned but no start). It will disappear when the engine is running because it doesn't deviate far enough from plausibility against actual engine speed vs on-board baro sensor. However, you'll skew the linearity of the MAP sensor when the value is actually applied in the tune.

You guys just don't seem to be receptive to real world results from actual testing and validating, so I digress. There is a reason why people are still chasing their tails on this MAP sensor deal, as well as trying to get CSL SW to pass emissions, among a few other issues I have seen and dealt with.

Only reason why I'm vested in this is because of developing changes to the DME that will support forced induction up to 3.5 bar. What can "pass" on NA set-up most definitely will destroy a boosted engine.

Comment

They're mathematically identical Brian. It won't yield a "slightly different result". If one gets an error, it's because the slope and intercept were not calculated correctly. Also note your real world test only uses a single pressure/voltage. You need to validate at at least one more point, ideally as close to the minimum pressure as you can get.

CSL failing emissions has zero to do with the MAP sensor. The software is bugged and sometimes just won't communicate with emissions computers. BMW fixed this in non-CSL software.

Comment

Working...
            X