SMG to 6MT tune help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMG to 6MT tune help

Hey all, my first post here, I recently did an SMG to 6MT conversion. I need to flash the ecu to get the cruise to work as well as remove the SMG gear info on the dash etc. I have installed INPA software on my laptop and I have a K+DCAN cable I think I have everything I need to get going I was able talk to my car with my software but that is all I know how to do, in other words I don't know where to get the flash file, how to load it into my ecu without ruining it etc. I haven't been able to find much good info with m3forums being gone. anyone willing to help a guy out?!? Thanks in advance guys!

I recommend using MSSFlasher to flash a 6MT US tune to your ecu, info here:
    For those looking, the TunerPro XDFs created by TAP can be found here on github (https://github.com/saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs). I have also added XDFs for swap cars, Z3 cruise control addition and wiring. I am also looking for help to update the wiki with known info: Github Wiki (https://github.com/saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs/wiki)
    TunerPro XDFs, DTCs, A2L, DIY Bench Flash Harness, Swap XDFs COMPREHENSIVE

Comment

Zack,

Looks like you have some of the information, but not all of it. Take your time with this and gather as much info as possible if you tackle it yourself. A search on a good search engine for SMG to 6MT swap on M3cutters dot com should bring up any info that was on the old website, it’s here as well. You need to be really familiar with programs like NCSExpert / Dummy. You’ll need these programs in addition to INPA.

Make sure you have a 10amp battery charger as well. The first few times you’re trying to pull files from the different ECUs in the car will feel like an eternity, having a good charger on the car supplying power will ease some of the panic the first few times you do anything.

I recommend following Terras NCS threads TO THE LETTER. I downloaded all the ecu module data from the car individually (i.e. AKMB,MK60, etc) and then backed out of the NCS program, turned off the car and just took my time going through each saved trace file to figure out where everything was.

I also used Martyns Binary tool to finish everything up.

Again -can’t stress this enough- take your time, gather as much info as possible, make a plan and stick to it, verify your results.

Good luck. Everything that you need is out there.

-Steve
      -‘83 911
      -‘98 M3
      -‘03 M3
      -‘05 911

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
        I recommend using MSSFlasher to flash a 6MT US tune to your ecu, info here:
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...-comprehensive
        mssflasher says i need a license, when i try to go download the software again it says there's a virus making it impossible to get a hardware ID therefore not being able to generate a license.

Comment

Contact the website admin via email.
          -‘83 911
          -‘98 M3
          -‘03 M3
          -‘05 911

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_QAS View Post
            Contact the website admin via email.
            will do!

Comment

Working...