Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Step by Step instructions for NCSExpert SMG to 6MT

Hey Everyone.

I’ve been struggling with this for the last few weeks with the fall of the other M3Fourm. I know it’s easy to say things like “remove VO $793 from AKMB” and such but can someone please for the love of The Big Spaghetti Monster spell this stuff out Barney style!

My main issues: I have NCSExpert and NCSDummy (although I have no check boxes in my version running Windows 7), INPA, and so on. I used BMWflash and Martyns tool along with all of the above to remove the $793 option, clear the adaptations and flash the ecu, but I still have the SMG shift pattern and cog on the dash. For my conversion I installed a legit 6 speed transmission. I removed all the transmission wiring and the SMG salmon relay from the car except for the reverse wiring. I did not use the GPS. I wired the clutch position switch to the cars EWS and X60002 plug on the ECU. I left the SMG ECU installed and hooked up to what was left of the harness ( until I know the coding is correct). A few days ago coming off an on-ramp to merge into traffic, the DCS light came on along with the yellow brake light and the car went into limp home mode. Turning the car off reset everything but if you give it more than 20% throttle it just goes into the same loop. The car ran great and had full power before this (it just had the shift pattern and cog light on).

Any guidance would be appreciated. If you’d like to call me a dumbass, then also provide guidance, I’ll take that as well. If my problems are unrelated any help I can get to code the car out to a baseline 6 Speed would be very helpful. My car is an 11/2002 build. I’m in Jacksonville, FL if you’re close by and can help I would rather learn this stuff in person.

-Steve
    -‘83 911
    -‘98 M3
    -‘03 M3
    -‘05 911

Following! I need this also!

Comment

You're missing the step of recoding the modules after removing the VO code. Removing the code by itself changes nothing.

Comment

Thanks Terra. I’ll give this another go when I get home from work.

I’d still love to see a step by step for the community. I know it’s no small task to sit and type this stuff out.

-Steve
        -‘83 911
        -‘98 M3
        -‘03 M3
        -‘05 911

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_QAS View Post
          Thanks Terra. I’ll give this another go when I get home from work.

I’d still love to see a step by step for the community. I know it’s no small task to sit and type this stuff out.

-Steve
          I haven't gotten around to adding pictures, but the section about VO/FA changes in this link should do the trick: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...ith-ncs-expert

Comment

Terra,

Thanks again for all you do. I *carefully* followed the instructions you posted and re-consulted older instructions I had and got this knocked out. No lights in the cluster and the car ran great...until the tps sensors started acting up then there was DCS lights, and brake lights, and loss of power, and running and screaming. No biggie.

For the rest, when I have time, I will be more than happy to write this out. Basically follow the instructions that Terra and many other have posted throughout the years. Save ALL the trace files in an original folder, make copies of them in another folder and go through them one by one to find anything related to SMG, Getriebe, or the like after you convert the files to text. The only tricky one was changing GETRIEBE to handschaltung. Most everything else was either aktiv or nicht_aktiv.

Buy a 10amp 12v charger from your FLAPS. Use google translate if you don’t know what a long string of German consonants mean. Follow all the instructions to the letter. Clear adaptations in INPA when your done.

-Steve
            -‘83 911
            -‘98 M3
            -‘03 M3
            -‘05 911

Comment

Working...
            X