Deep OBD and ELM327 firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep OBD and ELM327 firmware

Searching this forum doesn't yield any matches and I do not recall any discussion on this in the past. This stuff came about around 2016 so it is not new, but I've only recently discovered it.

Folks have taken the EDIABAS interface and written a .NET equivalent and it works inside an Android app.

Deep ODB - It is basically an Android version of INPA / ITSA-D.

It's open source and pretty fast and configurable. I successfully used it with my USB D/K-CAN cable connected to the USB-C port of my Pixel 3 phone. Much easier than bringing out the laptop or Foxwell. It's also very fast to start as you save your config and next time you open your app you just hit "Connect" and it immediately starts talking. No waiting on identification or scanning all modules as this is done one time in the initial config generation.

It also supports reading using ELM327 devices and includes custom firmware to flash to support the same K-line protocol that normally requires a USB cable. Unfortunately only German eBay has pre-flashed adapters, but I think I'll try to flash my own.

End game: AVIN (or Chinese Aliexpress equivalent) PX6 Android head-unit with Deep OBD and a Bluetooth adapter... no more need for USB cables or a laptop or custom gauges or expensive third-party software.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Going to check it out.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Very cool, I like the potential options this opens up, especially the potential to run on AVIN.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Very cool. Can it run a S54 VANOS test is the question? It usually does not work with USB to OBD.

Comment

Working...
        X