HELP with O2 sensor diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP with O2 sensor diagnosis

Hey guys I am having an issue with my o2 sensor values back to the DME. I've done a bit of diag. so far and am stuck as to where to go from here.

Issue:
    O2 sensor values are stuck at .46v
    I have NO codes for O2 sensors at all while plugged in AND even when I unplug them and let the car run
    It's like the DME is just completely ignoring all of the o2 sensors.

Background on my setup:
    S54 is CSL converted (no MAF, running off MAP)
    Super sprint headers
    Only pre cat o2 sensors in place (post are not there at all)
    EGT is not there at all
    SAP is not there at all
    Custom Tune
    The car is coming off of a fresh build so it's never actually ran before, this is the initial start

Diag so far:
    Verified all wiring are in the correct pins going back to DME
    Verified all wiring is intact with no shorts and ohm readings are all good
    Verified all fuses are good
    Original O2 sensors when installed were brand new (Bosch)
    To verify it was not the sensors, bought another set of brand new (Bosch)- no change
    Took out the O2 sensors, held a torch to them an watched the voltage go up to approx. .9v and then drop back down rapidly on a multimeter
    Held a torch to the sensors and watched live data on TESTO, the voltage graphs reported the voltage change just as the multimeter test showed.

During initial startup, watching live data in INPA the dme is requesting for the POST O2 sensor heaters to turn on but NEVER requests for the PRE.

Questions I do not have the knowledge on:
    Something in the tune that could cause this?
    Can the sensors that I do not have plugged in cause this?
    Bad DME?

Can anyone provide anything I am missing or offer any advice as to what I can do next to figure this out?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Actually figured this one out a couple hours after I made this post but I figure I’ll leave this up here in case anyone has the same problem in the future.

I plugged up my spare DME and noticed the pre o2 sensors were functioning normal on that tune.

The first csl conversion tune I used here:
    saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs

MSS54 and MSS54HP XDFs . Contribute to saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com
    I used the Tera version full binary and then flashed the manual partial.

After talking to my tuner he recommended trying this one:

So I did. Flashed the full binary and partial manual tune. (The partial does not come with ews deleted so you will have to do that)

After that o2 sensor heaters were working properly and o2 sensors were working as they should.

Comment

Working...
    X