Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSS54HP CSL MAP Sensor Rescaling

Hi Guys,

I'm after a bit of help from those in the know please.

I've recently successfully carried out a conversion from an MSS54HP to CSL spec including all hardware mods etc for my supercharged car. I've managed to transfer all of the maps from an existing tune over to the new ECU but I'm at a loss when it comes to the MAP sensor additions, as it was originally operating on the common Alpha-N tune beforehand.

Could anyone shed any light or point me in the right direction on what map(s) or curve(s) I need to look at in TunerPro?

Many Thanks

The binary modification tool at ecuworx.co.uk will scale for the OE sensor or GM sensor, should be what your looking for.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Thanks.

Is it not that straightforward on a supercharged application though?. I should eventually be seeing somewhere around 15psi in the inlet manifold on full boost.

Comment

I would imagine once you have the proper scaling set for your given MAP sensor (GM or OE/ OE equivalent) your good to go on that front.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

The 1 bar sensor will be maxed out pretty quickly, you'll need a 2.5bar map sensor for 15 psi of boost so it will need rescaling properly.

Comment

Thanks Martyn. Would you be able to shed any light on how that's possible?. I don't yet have the sensor so I don't need anything specific to rescale too, I'm just interested in learning what I need to adjust and how.

Comment

FWIW I have everything available to determine input pressure vs output voltage on any sensor, It's just the ECU end I need assistance with.

Comment

Nobody able to assist with this?

Comment

CSL software is not a true speed density management system. It is an alpha N management system with limited corrections of the RF (+/- 2.5%) thanks to the MAP sensor in particular conditions. So even if you rescale your MAP sensor, your RF would not be correctly related to your intake manifold pressure.

Max value : 0xE5F0 (16bit ; signed ; formula=X/640 ; unit : rf(%))
                  Min value : 0xE5EE (16bit ; signed ; formula=X/640 ; unit : rf(%))
                  Last edited by MpowerE36; 04-18-2022, 06:09 AM.
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

HARBER07
                    For map slope look here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...n-map-fuel-map
                    …under construction.

Comment

Working...
                    X